Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Clash of the Titans.....there must be a mistake! (i hope)

AvaG92260

Hey Ya'all

What the heck is TCM playing Clash of the Titans for? It has absolultly no basis to be in TCMS lineup ever.......i thought that TCM would not be like AMC...Who picked that movie..UGH...Not only does ....PERIOD....im very dissapointed in TCM amd honestly a little worried..i hope this is NOT a look in to the future of TCM....yikes

anyway had to get that out i am sure im not alone on this one....

ty yaall

AvaG (worried)

Message was edited by: AvaG92260

You obviously have no respect for Ray Harryhausen, Ava. lol

Not to mention all those classic actors. OMG Desmond Davis directed this. Just goes to show how things change.

You remind me that I neglected to mention The Cassandra Crossing on your Ava thread the other night. I was trying to be merciful since I suspected it would be a dog.

But to my 55-yr. old eyes, the 54 yr. old Ava was as beautiful as ever, even in a really lousy role in a really lousy movie. (It stunk).

tobitz,

yes good actors. BAD movie....lol....ty much for that about Avas Cassandra Crossing...yes i know it was on..i was busy that night i didnt get to see it but i have seen it before....yes she was still beautiful even then....but sadly she didnt think so in the end...anyhoot thanks again for that sweetie!

AvaG

;-)

Hi ya Sweetie!

how u doin.... ;-) once again thank u for the support...surely TCM must know this is a trashy movie..there taste is far superior then this.... i just am a bit dissapointed thats all...hey if starting that thread will make tcm stand up and notice ..i will!! I just want them to stay true to there winning format ya know..

love ya Fred..

AvaG :-)

"Younger age groups may also have fond memories of Clash of the Titans I?m told since the movie has been shown often on Ted Turner?s TNT channel throughout the years..."

uh, well that certainly explains it. There seems to be a definite pattern developing here.

Despite my respect for Harryhausen, this is one I've never bothered with. Harry Hamlin is a bit to overcome.

Ava, I was thinking that if TCM thinks there are no good movies left to show, I could suggest a couple very good movies like the WWI epic, King Vidor's "The Great Parade", starring John Gilbert.

or Don Juan starring John Barrymore that has a classic sword dualing scene.

TCM needs to dust off some of their film cans and see whats really worth showing.

Mr6666 writes... "This was his last and maybe best effort, and had use of some of the best "classic" actors of the day. Love the film."

Me, too...

Don't forget Jason and The Argonauts...another one of his classics...

Thumbs up mr6666...

The heck with the snobs...

Message was edited by: JakeHolman

Message was edited by: JakeHolman

Try "suggest a movie," hamradio. That's one I really want to see too. I think about 95% of us here on the boards are whining about what's being shown while the other 5% comments on our whining.

I'm still reeling over "The Strongest Man in the World" (1975) with Kurt Russell last Sunday.

dammit, now I'm wondering if I'm a snob. I love Ray Harryhausen and watching the Merrian C. Cooper doc and all the talk of Willis O'Brien certainly reminded me of him. I just wish his work had been put in service of a better movie. Think it was "A Sound of Thunder" that Bradbury wrote in tribute to Harryhausen, but it may have been another one.

The "Suggest a Movie" section is a good idea but when one leaves their suggestion it gets lost quickly into oblivion. There must be thousands of suggestions on it. I doubt if TCM ever looks at it.

I think Ava is just stating that their are better suited channels for Clash of the Titan's.

Actually Ray Harryhausons art form of non-aided stop motion is not dead beleive it or not. Don't forget about Tim Burton's "The Nightmare Before Christmas" which uses Rays type of stop motion. Tim Burtons movie look smoother because the artist he employed used more suttle movements but is more time consuming.

I like that movie very much but at the same time I don't think TCM is the appropiate channel to present it on. Some movies that has been shown on TCM is like presenting Star Wars on the Western Channel.

I think thats the point some members are trying to drive home but I won't turn it into a "political" debate. I don't like "Flame Wars" if you get my point.

Ham writes..."I think Ava is just stating that their are better suited channels for Clash of the Titan's."

Where?

Sure, I've seen it on AMC and TNT and the like...

BUT, when it's on TCM, it is shown with no commercials and it's not edited.

That's what makes TCM unique to the movie viewer, imho...

I truly enjoy TCM but purist who think it can survive long term without making necessary changes are, imho, deluding themselves...

No politics here...just movie talk...

Yes I understand, I have spent time in front of my VCR manually editing out commercials ahead of time. Beleive me I hate them as bad as you do.

My greatest fear is that eventually TCM will follow suit and start showing commercials as well - now that will a great disappointment. I remember when AMC did not have any commercials at all and for some insane reason start showing them. If it ever came to a point that TCM would ever start showning commercials, it will be classic commercials (a little pun) i.e. Don't Squeeze the Charmin.

But seriously that will be a dark day for TCM.

Ham writes..." I remember when AMC did not have any commercials at all and for some insane reason start showing them."

You know and I know why they did...

Money...

Maybe the conglomerate TCM is involved with will maintain the no commercials policy and be benevolent towards us...

Bottom line: that's all we can hope for...

Just because a film is shown without commercials on TCM, that doesn?t mean it?s suitable for showing on TCM.

What I have been seeing on TCM during the past couple of years are bad and boring newer films that have shown on TNT and TBS and that are now being shown on TCM, not for the ?Classic? value or the ?Golden Age of Hollywood? value, but only so TNT and TBS modern-movie fans can see them without commercials. That?s not why I signed up for the second tier of channels on Direct TV. I don?t watch TNT or TBS movies anyway.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings