Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Clash of the TItans vs Trog battle of the Swan Songs

TripleHHH

Ray Harryhausens last vs Joan Crawford's last - a 2 part question

1 - Which do you like better ? And....

2- If you had to pick just one of these for TCM to air which would you air ?

(for those of you that like neither or both, please just play along and pick one, just for the heck of it)

TripleHHH,

didnt think i would ever hear u type such a silly thread....the answer is obvious...WHY would anyone who watches TCM movie classics ever want to see either one of those movies aired on this channel??? We come here to watch the OLD classics...not garbage....im shocked! Never thought i would hear those movies come out of u?? There was a long discussion about this not to long back...i believe that even Kim got involved reassuring us that TCM swore to stay on the same format they always havea nd would not change to like AMC did....now i wouldnt have minded if u just asked the question which movie do u like better? But u asked which would we want to see aired???? NEITHER..EVER....not on TCM...

Saying all that which would YOU want TCM to air???

AvaG

AvaG

TripleHHH,

sorry i just read your other thread...i guess your just being funny....my bad...but i still dont think no matter what tcm should be playing that movie,..no matter who directed it wrote it....whatever..its not TCM format..

i hope were still freinds..

AvaG

i love my TCM....lol..

Message was edited by: AvaG92260

TripleHHH,

i didnt realize that was a Joan Crawford movie frist off....so sorry there..im typing as im watching the end of this movie..The File On Thelma Jordan...so im not paying attention enuff..so sorry...lol...really good MOVIE....love ya..

Ava

It is sad to see one of Hollywood's great actresses cast in such a role. It reminds me of them casting Elisabeth Taylor in The Flintstones! Joan and Liz must had a sign on their back, "will work for food" ! Oh how the great have fallen.

Its like casting Clark Gable in a "Porkys" type movie

Did I saw Trog in a Geico commercial ?

yeeesh I do threads for fun not drama..geez Ava LOL

each thread you transformed :) LOL

Yes I made this straight from the discussion..why not ?

Now both have aired on TCM from what i was told by Mr6666 so I figured why not make a thread

Id rather have Clash its much better than Trog :)

TripleHHH,

i know u do..and i wasnt trying to start any drama...i just didnt want u to feel any funny way about my thread to u because i misunderstood yours...understand...lol.....oh and btw i would rather have nither one...i think they both are stinkers...lol...

anyhoot thats all i have to say about that.....heehee

AvaG ;-)

Message was edited by: AvaG92260

• 4 years later...

I don't like *Clash of the Titans* much, although I love the genre and the actors. I think it's probably the director's (Desmond Davis) fault -- something stodgy about it. Davis has some terrific credits as a camera operator, but his directorial credits are kind of dull.

So I would choose *Trog*. I have no problem with a great star choosing a role in an unusual genre; in fact, I resent it when people imply that to act in a horror film is slumming. Ida Lupino's penultimate cinema role was in *Food of the Gods*, where she has one of the great lines: "I'm not afraid of dying. I just don't want to be eaten by giant rats!"

WHY would anyone who watches TCM movie classics ever want to see either one of those movies aired on this channel??? We come here to watch the OLD classics...not garbage....im shocked! Never thought i would hear those movies come out of u?? There was a long discussion about this not to long back...i believe that even Kim got involved reassuring us that TCM swore to stay on the same format they always havea nd would not change to like AMC did...

So even in 2008 worries about TCM going the way of AMG were being voiced here. Hmmm...

LOL, you've been baited, tricked, and bushwhacked. :)

kriegerg69 reopened this 2008 thread, hoping someone would innocently come strolling along and respond to some of the old messages, not realizing that this was a dead old thread.

His plan was to jump out from behind a rock and bushwhack the first guy who did that, so he could start a big argument, and he got you. :)

What makes a thread dead? If it's still there, if one can respond to it, IT'S ALIVE! This blog is not like The New York Times, which says comments closed after a certain period of time.

> So even in 2008 worries about TCM going the way of AMG were being voiced here. Hmmm.

It goes back further than that. It has been a staple subject on these boards ever since AMC changed its programming format back in 2002.

It's all there in the board archives.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings