Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

elizabeth taylor

annagram

hi ya annagram,

i do agree that she was very beautiful i will not say THE most beautiful..but surely in the top 5 or 6...saying that i ADORE liz taylor....yes she was lovliest i thought in A Place In The Sun..of course she was still a girl then....but her acting and i thought as a woman in her PRIME..no dought had to be for me... A Cat On A Hot Tin Roof.....omgosh..She was GORGOUES...and what GREAT acting...of course there are other movies she may have acted in as well or maybe better...but i prefer to look at her in her prime at her best, as i do all the leading ladies then.....

Ty for your thread on Liz...she sure does deserve it!

AvaG

Message was edited by: AvaG92260

• 2 weeks later...

I have always liked Elizabeth Taylor and think she gets entirely too much undeserved grief. Despite her money and fame, she has not had an easy life and has experienced alot of loss, not to mention bouts of ill health. And I think she should be given alot more credit and be subject to alot fewer comments from the peanut gallery about things like her weight or her marriages.

She was a breathtakingly beautiful woman in her day, and made alot of very enjoyable movies. Personally, I think she did a fine job in almost all of her films - even if the script was lame, Liz gave it her best.

Hi there, Beda! I appreciated your comments on Elizabeth and I quite agree. She was a pro and had tons of charisma, even when the movie wasn't the greatest you always enjoyed watching HER. In fact, I think she always sold her own talents short and can sound quite hard on herself in interviews.

My favorite ET movies include:

The Sandpiper

Butterfield 8

National Velvet

Cat on a Hot Tin Roof

Suddenly, Last Summer

Elephant Walk

A Place in the Sun

Giant (I think she's the best thing in the movie)

Jane Eyre (a small, unbilled role but she's so striking in it!)

The Only Game in Town (talk about a bad movie, but she's still adorable)

The V.I.P.s

She was also very good......and beautiful in Ivanhoe and Raintree County.

Her mother pushed her into show business as very young child and these young stars always have difficult lives -------- look at Judy Garland just to mention one other one.

She was a beautiful child in Jane Eyre as another poster mentioned!

People were very upset with her after her third husband, Mike Todd died and she took up with his friend Eddie Fisher who was married to Debbie Reynolds at the time. People thought the Fisher/Reynolds marriage was a story book affair but actually they were having a difficult time of the marriage. She was labelled a home wrecker and then, of course, when she took up with Richard Burton it only made matters worse. They were in the papers and on the news on a daily basis for a very long time. I have always felt great sympathy for her.

*Hi there, Beda! I appreciated your comments on Elizabeth and I quite agree. She was a pro and had tons of charisma, even when the movie wasn't the greatest you always enjoyed watching HER. In fact, I think she always sold her own talents short and can sound quite hard on herself in interviews.*

*My favorite ET movies include:*

*The Sandpiper*

*Butterfield 8*

*National Velvet*

*Cat on a Hot Tin Roof*

*Suddenly, Last Summer*

*Elephant Walk*

*A Place in the Sun*

*Giant (I think she's the best thing in the movie)*

*Jane Eyre (a small, unbilled role but she's so striking in it!)*

*The Only Game in Town (talk about a bad movie, but she's still adorable)*

*The V.I.P.s*

Hey there, MissG! :)

I have not seen all of those movies (I'm embarrassed to say that I've not seen Giant...and I've not seen Jane Eyre or The Only Game in Town either.)

However, the rest you list there are top notch in my book. Her and Monty in A Place in the Sun really cannot be beat (that movie is perfect, IMO, except for Shelly Winters' whining, which gets on my nerves so bad that even *I* am ready to throw her out of the boat...but that is a small nit :P )...and The Sandpiper and The VIPs are the best of the films done with our mutual side-fascination, Richard Burton. ;) And Elephant Walk is a favorite of mine, because I love Dana Andrews too, and both of them are good in that film.

My favorites not on your list are by far the Father of the Bride flicks. Although admittedly, those are mainly Spencer Tracy films more than anything else....Nevertheless, Liz is good in them, and they are quite rewatchable.

and The Sandpiper and The VIPs are the best of the films done with our mutual side-fascination, Richard Burton.

BIG "sigh". :P I probably should have included The Taming of the Shrew, which is in fact one of my favorite plays by Shakespeare and I really think Elizabeth is good in it; Richard, of course, was very comfortable with Shakesapeare. I bought the Taylor/Burton box set, but still haven't gotten around to watching the dvds. Maybe I will this weekend.

SPOILER!!!!!!

And Elephant Walk is a favorite of mine, because I love Dana Andrews too, and both of them are good in that film

Ooooh...I am constantly "rewriting" that film in my head so she ends up with Dana. :P

• 1 year later...

Coming up at 10:45am Eastern is Raintree Country, certainly one of the most ambitious projects Elizabeth Taylor was ever in, not counting Cleopatra of course. ;)

It's not an altogether successful movie, I suppose, but it has many worthwhile moments...

*Raintree County* (1957)

In this sumptuous Civil War story, a willful southern belle goes mad out of fear that she may be part black.

Cast: Montgomery Clift, Elizabeth Taylor, Eva Marie Saint, Nigel Patrick Dir: Edward Dmytryk C-173 mins, TV-PG

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings