Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I want to apologize for saying negative comments about certain aspects of the programming I did not agree with. I have been a miserable little tart lately. Actually I have been kind of depressed and down for the last month or so. When your sad and down sometimes it manifests itself as anger. Some people will take these frustrations out on their loved ones. Well I can be one of those people and since I love TCM with all my heart, my depression got the best of me and I released some anger towards something that I love very much. It is easy to go off the handle on a message board because you think there are no consequences, but there is. It's bad karma.

I feel bad about what I said and I recant any negative statements I made in my senseless acts of message board anger. This all sounds a little nuts but all I really wanted to say was that I am sorry-please forgive me.

*hugs*

-

Somewhere in time-

kimpunkrock

It's easy to forget how great TCM is when they consistently do things that are frustrating...like too many schedule changes; too many 1970s movies; too many 1980s movies; too many 1990s movies; too many 2000s movies. You have to remind yourself of the good things, like Ann Harding; Ruth Chatterton; William Haines; the Crime Doctor; the Lone Wolf; Mexican Spitfire; Val Lewton; William Wellman; Silent Sundays; TCM Underground; et al.

Kim,

I to not to long ago did the same thing haveing to oplogise for saying things on here i wouldnt have said because of others.....and i felt TERRIBLE so terrible about it i had to opologise as well because my love fopr TCM is so great.....so i know exactly how u feel..though i dont recall seeing u post negative things on here, i must say i dont feel really we should ever have to oplogise for something we didnt like or see on TCM..that is what the message board is for..in my opinion and we never should be sorry ..UNLESS...we offend someone else on here...truly offend or badger someone...but i find your thread very endearing and i understand...just wanted to let u know how i felt

ty

AvaG :-)

Kim,

I to not to long ago did the same thing haveing to oplogise for saying things on here i wouldnt have said because of others.....and i felt TERRIBLE so terrible about it i had to opologise as well because my love fopr TCM is so great.....so i know exactly how u feel..though i dont recall seeing u post negative things on here, i must say i dont feel really we should ever have to oplogise for something we didnt like or see on TCM..that is what the message board is for..in my opinion and we never should be sorry ..UNLESS...we offend someone else on here...truly offend or badger someone...but i find your thread very endearing and i understand...just wanted to let u know how i felt

ty

AvaG :-)

hey kim,

I think we all tend to get passionate when we're defending things we love, such as TCM and old movies. Don't know if I caught the entire flame-out, but I caught some of it and put it down to a bad night. Think most sensible people will. There are some people here on the boards that I really respect and you happen to be one of them. Hope things get better for you soon.

There's no one I ever agree with 100% of the time. For the record, I agreed with a lot of what you said during the flame even though I know you wish you'd said things differently.

Hey Kim, don't worry about it.

We wouldn't be here if we didn't love TCM.

Some new movies are bound to get some of us very irritated. But other than that, TCM is wonderful. You praise the films far more than you gripe about a very few of them.

Cheer up. You are one of the nicest people on the board.

"I to not to long ago did the same thing...."

I think you've got the beginning of a song there, Ava.

Yuh, but let's run Grammarlcheck on those lyrics first, sweetie... I realize that worrying about such things is so NOT 20-something, but we old-timers have our standards -- Cole Porter, etc.

I missed what you were complaining about, but please remember that being "negative" about something negative is actually being "positive"; if a movie sucks, don't apologize for saying so.

We need more "voices crying in the wilderness" to preserve the original integrity of this station.

Dear Kim,

I do the same thing. It is the reasons I love the forums... :-x ! (I hope the kissie-face shows up) Anywhooo, I can understand a certain brashness in tone from posters like yourself, because it shows you can be comfortable in letting your guard down from time to time, and it shows a basic humanity on your part. I frequently e-mail in emotion, and my creative writing ability rewards my impulsive behavior at times (hey, I need to remember that for my friends who might be stunned at some of my posts).

The reason I enjoy your web company so much is your forthrightness; there are so many who just create a persona who is not real...

Peace and Love and Good Karma to you Kim.

-Casablancalover

Kim, from our perspective there's certainly no need to apologize. Your criticism is usually constructive and your feedback is always appreciated, even when complaining. I hope you are feeling better.

• 5 weeks later...

Dear Kim,

I cannot find your original post you are apologizing for, but in case it was something about seeing Terminator one more time on TCM and what you would like to do... I completely agree. I also agree with the person who said they do a lot of good programming - and I actually appreciate some of the changes when they do the remembrance days for those that pass away "suddenly." However, the way I feel about those movies that belong on other channels - because they are not even 20 years old (and some are pretty bad too)... well, I keep on saying that I would start saving $60 a month on my satellite bill the day TCM goes the way AMC and Bravo went. I have a large enough DVD collection now that I "could" live without TV, but I would miss my "cult" terribly, so I hope they will not cater so much to the younger generation that they mess it up for the rest of us. I hope you are feeling better for real. I liked your little special on TCM, although I am not big into war movies, but I envied your tattoo.

Take care,

Andrea

Kim, you were the victim of provocation. You know what I mean, and I won't go into it publicly. Don't take it out on yourself. These message boards are a much better place now than when I started. Let's all work to keep it that way. To the others I want to say that words hurt. My experience with the BBC has taught me that expressing yourself in a public forum, and addressing other individuals, especially with criticism, carries with it a big moral responsibility.

Thelma

dear tcm...... if you been reading my threads you know i'm wise to your scheme. you

refuse to show Michael Winner

refuse to show Cavalcanti

refuse to show Soviet silents

your outta yer fkin minds!

you got no bizness bein in the old movie bizness!