Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The Naked Prey

themajor

Thanks, I made a search for a thread but couldn't find one. I once saw the uncut version on TCM and therefore set up to copy it when I saw it scheduled. Just as the native women were about to deal with some of the safari members the scene abruptly switched to the start of Wilde's naked race. I don't know about others, but I don't care much for folks making decisions about what is appropriate for me to watch. Additionally, I too found the scene of the mud wrapped human shiskabob fascinatingly grisly.

• 4 weeks later...

I watched this movie for the first time last night, and thought it was fantastic!! So, was this the unedited version aired yesterday? I've read that perhaps there's a missing scene from the Criterion DVD, and on IMDB several people have said that a previous airing of this film on TCM had some missing scenes.

I'm more curious to know about the pan-and-scan sequences during the opening and closing credits. The rest of the film is in letterbox, but not during the very beginning and ending. Is this how it's presented on DVD?

With all that said, The Naked Prey was extremely intense and amazing to watch. Great job by Cornel Wilde.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings