Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

A Night Of Laughter!....

AvaG92260

Hey All,

well the night has finally come for the long awaited interview with the ALL so funny Gene Wilder interviewed by Alec Baldwin.... Just want to mention that is followed by two very funny movies...The Producers and then one of my faaavs..Blazing Saddles!!.. Nothing is better for u then laughter folks it will add years to your life...lol...... Should be a great night...

Enjoy Yall

AvaG :-)

> It was weird seeing that funny face being so serious. A very likable guy. And how about that Baldwin as interviewer? I liked him a lot. Those two were really having a conversation there.

All true!

I would love seeing a new Role Model on a monthly basis. It's a great concept that puts craft and career at the forefront of conversation where it rightly belongs. Anyone know if there are future shows planned?

Mel's a genius! There so many great things about Blazing Saddles - note the initials to start! Let me count the ways:

1. Music The title song alone is a classic - apparently they had put out a call for Frankie Laine 'type', and when Mr Laine himself showed up, the call was over! Does anyone realize that during 'I'm Tired', the 'German chorus boy's' voice is none other than Mel?

2. Mel is literally all over this film - not only is he the governor, the indian chief, and the german chorus boy's voice, he also is the voice of the drunk that comes on stage ("Oh...Miss Lili...), you can hear him in the big town meeting at night scene, telling everybody to 'hurumph'! PLUS...and I have never seen this, and should look closer the next time, he is in the 'recruitment line', as a pilot! Gilda Radner is supposedly an extra in the early town meeting scene, also!

3 Yes, the very momentous pull back from the Rock Ridge fight to reveal the Warner Bros Studio, and the cut to The French Mistake and Buddy Bizarre...and then the BS gang demolishing the WB studios! It is amazing the jokes Mel and company were able to put in - NO one had done gay gags like Mel does in the space of five fast minutes! "you Brute! You Brute! You Brute! You Brute!" Mel gets put his usual Hitler reference in...he even uses The Chinese Theater perfectly - "Hey look - its Hedy Lamarr!" "Thats HEDly..."

4 BS even has some of the better 'what if' casting stories in Hollywood. The whole Richard Pryor thing....Gig Young taking his casting as an over the hill drunk WAY too seriously, necessitating Mel to call Wilder in an emergency; and finally, the great John Wayne story: Wayne had heard about BS through the grapevine, and actually had lunch with Mel one day, with Mel giving him a script. Wayne's reply: " Mel....You know I really can't be IN this movie....but...I'll be the first one in line to see it!"

Mel Brooks settled out of court, I don't think he wanted the bad publicity. I can't see how she can, I beleived Mel could have won the suit. Its like lawsuit against Johnny Carson in which he won. The court said parody is protected free speech.

Hedy Lamarr is known for cinamas first nude scene in "Ecstasy" - go LOOK - http://kinokult.com/tag/Ecstasy

I would like to have been in the theatre that showed it, must have been a riot, literally. LOL!

hamradio,

i understand what your saying.....being in THIS generation.. ...absolutly very confusing...but in that time..it was GROUNDBREAKING stuff..... i mean it was not OK then, but it was excepted......NOW today theres no way someone could make this movie and DARE try to be "funny" about it..... just wouldnt happen... But u are right when u say that Mel Brooks is a GENIUS..he truly is...to me MY favorite comedian...writerod all time!..with out a dought!!! A GENIUS...but with that genius there were other ppl involved (of course) oh of course the actors..thats a given...but i mean he had other wirters helping him as well....which leads me to half those "racial" scenes and joke in the movie, were written by none other then Richard Pryor himself...As u know a man who pushed everyones buttons when it came to race in his own act as well as obviously others.....my point being that even THEN u had a black man writing the stuff that we all were laughing at then and today find rather shocking..or shall i say confusing....

Anyway, no dought Blazing Saddles was a greaaaaat movie..i hope every1 laughed as much as i..but i must add the other movie EQUALLY funny done the SAME year as Blazing was ...YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN!! My other Mel Brooks/ Gene Wilder colab..FAV!!!

Again tyall

AvaG :-)

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings