Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

SUNRISE A SILIENT MOVIE

ROBBIE16

LATELY I'VE FALLING FOR SILENT MOVIES!! MY FAVORITE IS SUNRISE, IT WAS SO BEAUTIFUL AND HAD A REAL STORY WHERE THE FRAMER IS GOING TO KILL HIS WIFE FOR A CITY GIRL, BUT INSTEAD FALLS IN LOVES WITH WIFE, AS THEY GO INTO THE CITY WHERE THEY FIND THE LOVE THAT WAS LOST.

Hi ROBBIE16,

Welcome to the boards.

*Sunrise* is a beautiful film! It's one of my favorites too. It's a great story, beautifully photographed. It was directed by F.W. Murnau who also directed the German horror classic *Nosferatu.* Unfortunately it's one of his last films as he died in an auto accident in 1931.

I love the scene where the man (George O'Brien) and the wife (Janet Gaynor) go into the city for the day. Also the scene when they are out on the water is very intense. I thought both of them were wonderful in this film. I think this was one of, if not the first film, to have a recorded score and it really helps set the mood. The camera movement is remarkable to this day. It's truly a great film.

If you're interested in silent movies you should check out the silent films forum further down in the boards.

A friendly piece of advice. You should take your caps lock off. It would make your posts easier to read and it's considered to be shouting, which is ironic for a silent film fan. :)

i watched this movie a couple weeks ago, and i loove janet gaynor's movies, but this one didnt appeal to me as much as her others do. it had an interesting plot, but what got me was her husband was cheating on her! oh no! poor janet! that girl he was seeing was really ardent about wanting him to leave her, and janet never did anything to him to deserve that.

but it was a desent silent, i would wathc it again! of course i was watching it with a frien, and he narrated it the whole time from what he saw i will never see that movie its original way again unless he narrates it for me. its too funny!.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings