Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Actress Kristin Harmon Nelson (1945-2018)

Actress Kristin Harmon Nelson, who married into a prominent Hollywood family after having grown up in one, died on April 27, 2018 at the age of 72. People magazine reported Wednesday that her death was the result of a heart attack.

Image result for kristin nelson images

Nelson, also an author and a painter, was the daughter of sportscaster Tom Harmon -- the great Michigan football halfback and 1940 Heisman Trophy winner. Her mother was the actress Elyse Knox ("The Mummy's Tomb"). Her brother Mark Harmon is the star of the long-running CBS procedural "NCIS," said by the network to be the most-watched television drama series in the world. And younger sister Kelly Harmon was an actress and model who became known for her commercials for Tic Tac breath mints in the 1980s and 1990s. She now has her own interior design company in Los Angeles.

In 1963, Kris Harmon married pop star Rick Nelson, who also appeared in the TV sitcom "The Adventures of Ozzie and Harriet" with his parents, Ozzie and Harriet Nelson, and his older brother David. She joined the series as Rick's wife and made appearances until the show ended its run in 1966.

In an episode titled "The Ballerina," which originally aired on ABC on November 4, 1964, Kris and Rick appeared in a dream sequence pas de deux.

They also co-starred in the 1965 feature film "Love and Kisses," a comedy based on the 1963 stage play by Anita Rowe Block. The film, which also starred Jack Kelly, Jerry Van Dyke and Pert Kelton, was written, produced and directed by Ozzie Nelson.

Kris and Rick Nelson had four children. Tracy became an actress and co-starred with Tom Bosley in "The Father Dowling Mysteries," which aired first on NBC and then on ABC. Her twin brothers Matthew and Gunnar had the No. 1 hit "(Can't Live Without Your) Love and Affection" as the headliners of the 1990s rock group Nelson. The youngest child, musician Sam Nelson, was born in 1974 --eight years before Kris and Rick divorced.

Rick Nelson was killed in a plane crash on New Year's Eve 1985.

Image result for kristin nelson images

Rick and Kristin Nelson married in 1963

In 1988, she married TV director and producer Mark Tinker, a four-time Emmy Award winner and the son of the late TV producer and network executive Grant Tinker. They split in 2000.

Saddened to hear of the sudden passing of one of my early childhood friends Kristin Harmon Nelson. May she #R.I.P. At Tracy’s request, sending love & light.

http://people.com/tv/mark-harmon-sister-kristin-downfall-life-death/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

This leaves June Blair, ex-wife of David Nelson, the only regular cast member still living from The Adventures of Ozzie & Harriet. A friend of mine knows Connie Harper Nelson the woman who occasionally played David's secretary (in real life she was Ozzie's secretary and she later married Ozzie's brother)...she's still living and interacts with fans on Facebook but was not a regular cast member.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
10 minutes ago, Hibi said:

Sad news. I hadnt heard of this.........

According to the friend of mine who knows the Nelsons, he said she hadn't been doing too well. But her death was unexpected.