Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Search function not working? I cannot search or see my past posts?

TriciaNY

It looks like there are too many members trying to use the Search option at the same time and it gets overloaded.

Far as searching itself goes, I wish when you type in a word it will give 2 choices, "Search for thread" or "Search within messages". Using it seems to be hit or miss. I recently stop trying.

The search function on this board has always been kind of hit-or-miss. Beyond that, when they updated the board several months ago, a lot of old postings seem to have been destroyed or, at least, somehow gotten beyond the search function's ability to locate them.

CineSage jr What would be nice is an easy way to go back to past pages. On DVD's you notice that chapter selection are now placed into groups, making it easy to navigate. If the pages of threads were contained in groups i.e.10 pages per group, navigating will be a lot easier.

I like to go to Page 1 Thread 1 just to see how this forum got started off. I wonder if any of the original members are still around?

The oldest thread still around on the "General Discussions" that is easy to find and the best idea is "In the Spotlight" by mongo started November 23, 2006. Shows what a great thread it is considering members are still replying since Nov 2006.

Message was edited by: hamradio

I like to go to Page 1 Thread 1 just to see how this forum got started off. I wonder if any of the original members are still around?

Ham,

Can you provide a link to that page 1? I would love to check it out but can never get the search function to work past going back three pages.

lzcuttrer, you got me to thinking and I played around with the last digits in the http://forums and I got to the very first page. Great! Here is the link below.

http://forums.tcm.com/jive/tcm/forum.jspa?forumID=161&start=8475

When new threads are added, you will have to increment the last 4 digits 8475

Here is the link to the very first thread in the General Discussions: http://forums.tcm.com/jive/tcm/thread.jspa?threadID=1030&tstart=8475

Message was edited by: hamradio

Ham,

Thanks so much. From the brief look I took at it, (I'll be exploring it more later this evening), it looks like MoiraFinnie, Mongo, SandyKPax, CoffeeDan and drednm are some of the early pioneers of this board that are still posting here today.!

I had no idea that MovieJoe was in his twenties. From the way he wrote about his love of films I thought he was older.

Message was edited by: lzcutter because I miss MovieJoe and the others

Ham,

I can't thank you enough for posting that link. I am perusing the archives and they are an incredible read.

TCM staff used to post here a lot and it looks like Robert O himself, under the name jery son, did as well.

I came two years too late to that party.

And the topics, of my gosh, some of them are so knowledgeable that it reminds me of what these boards were like when I got here in 2004.

What a great read!

lzcutter, I am very glad you like it. I started a new thread telling other members how to use this concept. This will work with other forums i.e. General Topics, etc.

You got credit for making the "light bulb" go on in my head. We all have gotten spoiled on point and click that we forgot about the old way of doing things.

I got educated from the days of MS-DOS when I used a lot of command lines and wrote batch files. Even did manual writes/editing of .ini files as well.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings