Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Today?

tobitz

Today's daytime schedule (Friday, 4/18) includes six movies made between 1929-34 before following with four from the later thirties-early forties. I'm a pre-Code novice and no nothing of their quality, aside from the earliest, Coquette, for which Mary Pickford won her Oscar. Was looking for a thread in General Discussions, but hope someone may comment on at least some of the films.

:) Not complaining. I see I still have 159 threads in this forum to read through.

I did post a link to IMDb in GD regarding the short shown following the pre-Codes. Ronald Colman introduces California governor, Clement C. Young, " who urges moviegoers to attend the cleaner, wholesome talkie films, rather than those that show the seamy side of life." Guess the public didn't listen to him. lol

These are rare old films. We are lucky to be able to see them on TV.

I love 1929 films. they give us a better view of what life was like in the '20s. I love the girls hairstyles back then. I wish girls today would wear those short hircuts.

I don't recall TCM ever showing NIGHT PARADE (1929) before. I know it was made by RKO, but I have not seen it before to comment on the quality of the film. I don't recall THE FALL GUY (1930) as having been shown on TCM before either. Another early RKO offering, but agian, I haven't seen this one before. LILLY TURNER (1933) is a very good Ruth Chatterton pre-code film.

HEAT LIGHTNING (1934) is one of the last pre-code films released by Warner Bros. I like this film.

Ann Dvorak is very good in this one too. I am recording the two RKO films, and I hope thay are not a disappoinment.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings