Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

TWILIGHT ZONE ANN BLYTH

Bronxgirl48

I'm glad you liked it. I especially enjoyed Ann's facial expressions, they were so over the top; I loved how she kept arching her eyebrows. As Lovsky says, what woman wouldn't give her eye-teeth (or something) for that secret. She can feed her ego with the cute guys as she's stringing them along until the bitter end. I love the double-twist of the story, it's so creepy. You just think her big secret is that she's maybe "only" 50 years older than she really is, and then......

Charles Beaumont was a great fantasy writer.

Message was edited by: Bronxgirl48

Wow, I never knew she did commercials. And check out another bad hairstyle. One of my father's sisters wore her hair like that long past the time it was "in" and it was dyed Joan-Jet black. I used to be a little scared of her, too.

Annie looked like she snuck a few Hostess' in between takes, like about 30 or 40 of them. Oh, but she's still adorable.

yes! Rosa/Bette's wig looks like one of Morticia Adams' cast-offs. I just got through watching her in All This, And Heaven, Too and what a contrast! She was so lovely there and Warner Brothers hair department did the most exquisite hair styles and pieces for her character; very authentic and oddly flattering to Bette's features. She looks a natural in 19th Century garb.

I haven't seen ALL THIS AND HEAVEN TOO but I know what you mean; Bette has an old fashioned quality about her face that lends itself very well to that kind of demure hairstyle of the period.

In MR. SKEFFINGTON when she gets diptheria and wears the ringlets, she looks like Baby Jane Hudson. But early in the film she really looks beautiful with her Gibson Girl hairstyle. It really suits her I think.

Message was edited by: Bronxgirl48

> {quote:title=Bronxgirl48 wrote:}{quote}

> Actually I think members of the Westmore family did the makeup for both those movies!

Those Westmores got around. I've lost count how many there were (are)! A real powder puff dynasty. :)

Lady you are a fountain of information!

I like Ben Nye and Alan "Whitey" Snyder because of the marvelous work they did for Marilyn. I love studying how her makeup is applied, it was always perfect from her early days right to the end.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings