Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Old TCM ad "being but men" music

Chimerical

I am looking to find the music played underneath the holiday ad which aired a few years back. It has Morgan Freeman reading Dylan Thomas's poem "Being But Men." I love the piano music played in the background. I have emailed the production company that made the ad -Raygun-but I have never heard back from them. Does anyone know the name of the song? Thanks.

Message was edited by: Chimerical

You might check on Youtube. Several people there have uploaded TCM promos, and while I haven't been able to find the "Being But Men" one, someone might know what the song is.

I can't identify it, but I can give you a hint based on my past experience with identifying promo songs. Most TCM promos, especially those created by RAYGUN, use music by independent artists. These artists can often be found on emusic.com. I found "Flesh And Blood" by Joe Henry (TCM Remembers for 2005), who also did "Too Much" (TCM This Month for April 2005 -- at least I think it was 2005, I'm trying to track it down, I've got the video but no date!). And the real tearjerker from TCM Remembers 2006 is Robinella's "Press On". Last year, it was Badly Drawn Boy. So you might see if your friends who are into indie music can listen to the promo if you have a tape of it, and tell you what the song is. Good luck!!!

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings