Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

where has cartoon alley gone?

tazmaniac1

I love your station, where else can you find classic movies, horror films, and classic cartoons with the likes of Bugs Bunny and Daffy Duck. That is what brings me to my inquiry. Every Saturday morning at 11:30 am I would watch cartoon alley which featured classic cartoons. I got to see cartoons I remember watching when I was a child. And saw ones I never had seen before like the ones the did involving Hitler. My favorite was Russian Rhapsody, hilarious! Also you got some info on each cartoon and the animator(s). My question is why have you stopped showing cartoon alley, and when will you be airing it again. Maybe some one out there can answer my inquest. Thanks a bunch.

They lost the broadcast rights to the WB cartoons.

Here is the official TCM answer. I just copied and pasted from the TCM support site.

*Knowledge Base*

*TCM Support > Programming > TCM Franchises >*

*What happened to Cartoon Alley?*

*Unfortunately, TCM's Cartoon Alley has been removed from the schedule. We no longer hold the broadcast rights to WB's Merrie Melodies and Looney Tunes cartoons.*

Too bad.

You might be interested in this GAC forum. According to the first reply from the forum it was known since last year that TCM was going to stop showing Cartoon Alley. A nice place to vent your disappointment.

http://forums.goldenagecartoons.com/showthread.php?t=9509

I grew up with Bugs and Porky too. Where I live, we had the longest time slot for Saturday morning catoons during the 1960's. It started around 7:00 am to 1:30 pm.

There is still Cartoon Network and Boomerang Channels 296 and 297 on Directv. Boomerang says in their channel discription that they show classic (sound familiar) cartoons from "yesterday", 90% not shown anywhere else. I also grew up with Johnny Quest.

I just noticed this was your first post. Welcome to the Boards tazmaniac1

That's more than too bad. Who else is going to show them? They don't fit anyone else's programming.

I agree and I didn't mean to sound flippant about it with my response. I took Cartoon Alley for granted when it was on and then all of a sudden it was gone. It was a great way to showcase these classic and much loved cartoons.

Are they shown on that Cartoon network or it's retro sister station Boomerang? I'm not sure who TCM was competing with for the rights. Maybe TimeWarner was worried about it affecting DVD sales and possible future releases.

I don't get how these deals work. It's a shame they couldn't keep the show going.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings