Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Is the Movie data base down? Or is it my PC?

When I enter a movie title in the search engine and click Go it brings up a list of title matches, as usual.

However, when I click on the correct title to bring up more information the Internet Explorer says that it cannot display the webpage.

I attempt to diagnose connection problems, but Windows tells me that there is nothing wrong with my connection, and that the website may be experiencing problems.

This started last night and continues. I have no other internet problems that I?m aware of, just this one.

So is anyone else experiencing this same issue, or is it my machine?

If so, what can I do to reestablish the TCM movie data base search feature?

After I posted my query, I started reading down the thread and it appears that there are several of us who are experiencing this same difficulty getting the movie data base search engine past the first page.

If there is any comfort in this misery at least we are not alone.

The likelihood that the problem is at our end diminishes with the number of us experiencing the same problem.

Hopefully the techno gurus at TCM will identify and correct this problem within a timely manner.

Okay, I tried to access moviesunlimited.com and received the same unavailability message.

Is it possible that this is where the second page of the TCM movie database lives?

If so it is a Movies Unlimited data base problem that we experience whenever the TCM site tries to transfer us there for the second page of movie information.

This is actually a good thing, because it affects the Movies Unlimited bottom line. They are losing revenue with this site down so I feel confident that when Monady rolls along they will promptly fix the problem, especially since they are not available late Saturday - Sunday when this problem appears to have begun.

Hopefully my premise holds out and the search feature of the data base will be up and running sometime tomorrow.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings