Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Theaters that show classic movies

majspence

I was wondering if anyone knew of a site that had a list or locations of theaters that show classic and cult films. Is there a term for these kind of theaters? If it helps, im near the washington dc area, so if anyone knows of any i would appreciate any help, its the only reason i joined this forum. I wanna find one really bad!!

GO.

I know it sounds like a long way for a movie, but it will be worth it.

When I moved 70 miles away from Rochester & my beloved Dryden theater, I thought old movies would be out of my life forever. I'd make the occassional trip home and always catch whatever was playing.

Then I saw some listings in my local paper for classic movies playing here. Then, flyers from other theaters started showing up. Now I find I'm surrounded by vintage theaters playing classic films either on a regular basis or for special events.

I have found vintage theaters, second run theaters and colleges are all great outlets for classic FILM. Stay clear of digital projection if you're a purist.

Films I've seen several times on TV become a whole different experience on the big screen with an audience.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings