Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Last scene is old lady holding earrings looking in the mirror

Postcard

I only caught the last 10 minutes of a very old movie. I gathered that she had raised a girl that was not her own but knew who the mother was. Somehow this old lady was given a pair of earrings from the girl and was standing looking in the mirror as this young lady and her new hubby drive away.

When TCM was advertising the 100 years of movie making this scene was in there. I would like to know the name of this movie. I hope I've given enough details.

thanks

I don't know what movie you are looking for, but it is most definitely not "The Grapes of Wrath" which ends with Jane Darnell riding in the front of a truck looking out the windshield making the famous "We're the people..." speech before becoming a distant shot of Tom Joad walking as the movie fades to black. And both female children were hers. Rose 'o Sharon's husband deserted her. BTW, read the original Steinbeck book. The true ending, which was probably unfilmable in Hollywood at that time, is devastating.

As is common in this Information Please section, the original poster did not give us all of the correct information. The film with the lady with the earrings -- The Grapes of Wrath -- is in this "100 Years at the Movies" clip at 4:43:

But of course the original movie does NOT end shortly after this scene.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings