Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Happy Birthday Harold Lloyd!

TriciaNY

Scottman,

That would be great to see SPEEDY with Live Orchestra, as long as it's not THE ALLOY ORCHESTRA!

Did you ever figure out the burning problem? By the way, I now have the Thames version of INTOLERANCE! Did you buy the FLicker Alley SAVED FROM THE FLAMES set? It is really great?

Also have you seen Victor Seastrom's KORKALEN, or THE PHANTOM CHARIOT (1921) before? I have this on DVD from Sweden and it is Region Free! Why is this powerful film not in the TCM Movie-Data Base???

Tricia,

So did you ever find a copy of THE THIRD GENIUS documentary? With respect, I still do not understand why you did not get this from me??? Or for that matter, Thames HOLLYWOOD either???

Hey Jeffrey,

The film will have accompaniment by the Los Angeles Chamber Orchestra, conducted by Timothy Brock, who wrote that wonderful score for the dvd release of FW Murnau's Faust. Last year it was Chaplin's short THE PILGRIM (1923) and Keaton's SHERLOCK JR. (1924) the scores were terrific.

I think I may have the burning problem solved shortly, I have a problem with Roxio's TOAST software. I am going to purchase SAVED BY THE FLAMES soon, along with LA ROUE from Flicker Alley. I figure If we support them they will be able to release more silents. I have not seen THE PHANTOM CHARIOT before. It sound interesting.

Scottman,

I will be ordering LA ROUE, and JACCUSE as well. There is no way I can get the entire thing recorded off TCM. The broadcasts are just to long.

The recent Flicker Alley releases have been getting allot of high praise. So maybe it will prompt the Heir's of Howard Hughes Estate to give the Green-light to go ahead and release TWO ARABIAN KNIGHTS, THE RACKET, and THE MATING CALL, which they have stubbornly and stupidly, been sitting on for the past 4 years? They should have taken great pride in this wonderful project, rather than with holding the titles from circulation!

How sweet and how nice to remember and commemorate such a man! The greatest "magic" of the cinema is that it confers immortality upon a mortal person! Harold Lloyd will live on forever, as long as the technology of replaying his films continues to exist. People will look and laugh at his talent a THOUSAND YEARS from now! Once a movie star, a movie star forever!

Happy Birthday Harold Lloyd and thanks to Tricia from NY!

Thelma

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings