Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Belated Happy Anniversary, TCM

lzcutter

How nice of you to remember, and how appropriate to mark it as a thread.

I still can't get over TCM ever having come into existence, even more astonishing is its continuing survival. The notion of a non-public cable channel devoted primarily to old, mostly black and white films with no commercials was, and still is very far out; it flies into the face of the commercial and demographic logic that rules the broadcast industry.

Only a very great visionary could have brought it about, and for that we all owe thanks to Mr. Ted Turner. We also owe thanks to the newer owners, Time Warner Inc and to it's executive management, for having preserved Mr Turner's original mission and intent.

I seriously doubt that there will ever be another cable start-up like TCM. We should count our blessings!

Many more anniversaries to TCM!

Thelma

*******************HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TCM*********************

"I'VE BEEN WITH YA SINCE THE BEGINNING AND HOPE TO CONTINUE

VIEWING THE BEST STATION ON TV FOR MANY YEARS TO COME"

********************CONGRATULATIONS!**********************

Photobucket

I found a site that has some great information on TCM - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turner_Classic_Movies

Does anyone knows what the very first movie TCM showed on April 14, 1994? I heard it was one of Humphrey Bogard's. (Casablanca I think but not certain).

Learned the British version TCM 2 shows commercials - the horror!

Happy Anniversary TCM !!

Yes! *HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TCM!* TCM's first movie was GONE WITH THE WIND. After all it was (and I assume still is) Ted Turner's all-time favorite film. It's my understanding that he had a small theatre in the Turner office building that ran only GWTW everyday and was open to the public.

Times have changed in 14 years and in some ways so has TCM. We may not always like some of the changes, but TCM is the still best place to be for classic film lovers.

Thank you Ted for TCM.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings