Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

THE SEVENTH DAY (First National, 1922)

radiotelefonia

Jeffrey, Ed, et al:

I just received this Henry King film. I'll need it to recompress it a bit in order to put it in Pando.

Unfortunately, if that is valid, this print has been restored (and it looks great!) in Czechoslovakia and there are no English titles available.

In the meantime, until somebody produce them, I'm recompressing the file.

I should be getting PILAR GUERRA (1926) shortly.

My frustration is that the version available from JUAN SIN ROPA (1919) is too compressed to make a good use of it. Maybe I should try to get it anyway.

*The Seventh Day*

Henry King, 1922

Cast: Richard Barthelmess, Frank Losee, Tammany Young, Anne Cornwall

Cinematographer - Henry Cronjager

Screenwriter - Edmund Goulding

Editor - Duncan Mansfield

Like Tol'able David, this Richard Barthelmess picture was directed by Henry King. It's nowhere near as strong as Tol'able David was -there's barely any plot to speak of -- but it's still a pleasant film. When they aren't allowed to drink their own liquor at the Vogue Club (these were the days of Prohibition), a crowd of wealthy young people retire to a yacht belonging to Monty Pell (Alfred Schmid). The yacht breaks down near a quaint New England fishing village and the group finds itself stuck there for a week. But instead of becoming terminally bored, flapper Patricia Vane (Louise Huff) falls in love with one of the locals, simple fisherman John Alden (Barthelmess), while her lounge lizard fianc?, Reggie Van Zandt (George Stewart), is attracted to John's sister Betty (Anne Cornwall). By the time the yacht is ready to go, the Broadway pair have found happiness with the humble villagers. ~ Janiss Garza, All Movie Guide

bscap009qu5.jpg

bscap010dn8.jpg

bscap012nq3.jpg

bscap013ah9.jpg

bscap014js7.jpg

Jorge,

This is a really good sharp clear print. Big name Director, Writer, and Star. To bad that the Title-cards have no translations though?

I wonder if this movie was on Scottman's List of Surviving First National Silent's? I'll bet that it wasn't? I rather doubt that King Vidor's JACK-KNIFE MAN (1920) was on there either? That's great that we can add still a couple more titles!

Now if someone would just find nice prints of FLAMING YOUTH (1923), and THE DESERT FLOWER (1925), with Colleen Moore! That would be wonderful!

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings