Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Skeedaddy

Sahara is a great war movie

I caught part of this movie some time ago and rented it to watch the whole thing. Sahara is a really good war movie and you could almost taste the sand. It has war tragedy and victory along with a strong and diverse cast. Bogart has got to be one of the most versatile war actors ever. If he is not going crazy on a mine sweeper, he is making deals with the Vishey in Casablanca, or commanding a tank crew in the desert. He really is one of the very best ever.

This is one of my favorites.

l'll watch it even if it already started

A lot of action, just what you want in a WAR MOVIE.

Great cast

The remake doesn't do it any justice, don't bother.

Yes, it is. It was remade as a western, ten years later, "Last of the Comanches," w/ Broderick Crawford and Barbara Hale. And Lloyd Bridges, who would appear in both "Sahara" and "Last of the Comanches."

WOW,

I didn't know about

"Last of the Comanches."

I'll have to look for that one.

The remake I was referring to was with

Jame Belushi in 1995,

It didn't have the same feeling.

Bogie and the others were great.

I agree. The first time I saw it I felt like I could taste the sand. The casting was excellent with each character having a unique part of the story. Check out The Train if you want another one that is a great story with an amazing train wreck scene.

Message was edited by: Skeedaddy

Your right, Bogie could take on any type of part and make it believable, from his early 30s gangster parts till the African Queen. Adventure, mysteries and even comedy he could do it all. His movies with Bacall are all classics. His type will never come this way again and I am so thankful to be able to watch his movies whenever I like.