Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
ILoveRayMilland

Vote for the MOST beautiful actress!

Without question:

1. Hedy Lamarr-----the face of a statue----perfect features, perfect skin and hair

2. Ava Gardner------was the true diamond in the rough, gorgeous figure (what in hell did she see in

ugly, skinny flat Frank Sinatra?????????????

3. Sharon Tate----gorgeous soft features, and heavenly eyes, perfect figure

4. Loretta Young----angelic

How is it that this woman did not receive a single vote?

Sophia%20Loren.jpg

OK, the suspense is killing us. Did Price Waterhouse tabulate the votes yet? Were there any hanging chads?

Okay, sorry guys! THE list is in!

(Remember this was peoples choice in an interesting fashion! :) )

1) Ingrid Bergman

2) Vivien Leigh

3) Hedy Lamarr

4) Gene Tierney (congratulate me I FINALLY spelled it right!)

5) Loretta Young

6) Lana Turner

7) Rita Hayworth

8) Natalie Wood

9) Ava Gardner

10) Carole Lombard

It was a hard job....but somebody had to do it!

I only counted votes that coincided with the rules...and I was impartial when I compiled the lists (in fact, I don't even agree with some of the choices up there). So what we have now is a VERY interesting list that reflects peoples opinions.

I hope you enjoyed this thread...and be sure to go vote for most handsome actor!!!!!

ILRM, forgive me for beating a dead horse...but are we to vote for THE MOST BEAUTIFUL actress from the list compiled below and pick one?

If we're voting on the list, I'd have to say for 'sheer beauty', it's s tie between V. Leigh and H.Lamarr. But if we're talking pure sex appeal, Rita Hayworth gets my vote. In saying that, my favorite Hollywood 'face' is not on the list, as she was never considered a 'classic beauty'...but I can never, EVER tire of looking at Bette Davis. (And I also love the character in Barbara Stanwick's face). But as the vote is for the list, Leigh, Lamarr and Hayworth have it nailed, IMP.

Liz Taylor didn't make it into the top 10? Wow! Liz in A Place in the Sun...women don't get more beautiful than that!

A pretty good list over all. Ingrid's an unusual choice. Beautiful, yes, but up there with the top 10? I don't know.

Carole Landis, maybe. Now there's a strikingly beautiful woman!

oh i know you already counted up the votes, but i forgot to put my three down off your list....just forgrins and giggles. heehee!

1) greer garson ( i know surprise surprise)

2)loretta young

3)gloria grahame (so i tried something new) heehee!

ILRM: I can't believe that Elizabeth Taylor is not in the top ten. Her looks could stop traffic. And again I ask, aren't we one vote short? Wasn't there to be a vote for THE MOST beautiful...and not the top TEN most beautiful actresses. I'm just asking.

Well, I happened to notice a photo MissGoddess posted of Jeanne Crain.

All I can say, as we say down South, she is fine and I do mean fine...

I had forgotten all about her...

I am her slave...

> {quote:title=jjelmquist wrote:}{quote}

> Liz Taylor didn't make it into the top 10? Wow! Liz in A Place in the Sun...women don't get more beautiful than that!

Sorry, but I put her in the final three people to vote for number nine and ten, but Ava and Carole beat her out!

> A pretty good list over all. Ingrid's an unusual choice. Beautiful, yes, but up there with the top 10? I don't know.

Ingrid was my top pick, but people don't usually think of her as BEAUTIFUL, so I was surprised when she was voted number one!

There is something about her, so much deeper than a mere face. That is why I had some problems with Lana and Rita. Sure they were pretty...even beautiful, but they weren't like Ingrid, Gene, and Ava. Who are beyond beauty!

Sorry, now you've got me started into my "Angelic Ingrid" piece! LOL!

Now if you really think the list is wrong......then go 'head and do your own! I don't mind AT ALL!

It DOES annoy me when people are afraid to state their own opinions for fear of being "shot down" (I am rather like that in "real" life.) I don't think anyone should bash another persons opinions though...or call names, but I think friendly "arguments" are alright!

Anyways if you want to redo this go ahead (just post a new thread!)

ILRM: "...the top ten will be decided from the second vote."

I guess I got the answer to my question, by just re-reading your initial post on this thread.

Now please...wax on about the Angelic Ingrid. You & others are sooo right. There was absolutely something 'intangible' about Ingrid Bergman that makes others pale in comparison. I'm a big big Hedy Lamarr fan. And her face is prenaturally perfection. But geez there's something about Ingrid Bergman that I can't put into words.

The other day at the Apple Store in SoHo (NYC) as part of the TriBeCa Film Festival, I waited five hours (through MAC program demonstrations and film director Tom Kalin) to see and hear a Q & A with Isabella Rossellini. Yes, she is older now (56) but she is STILL beautiful. And as the direct descendant of Ingrid Bergman...whew!!! it felt like looking at Ingrid Bergman.

Sorry if somebody's already mentioned her, but what about....

*LOUISE BROOKS*

Sooooo pretty and sooooo charismatic! To my knowledge, she never did a 'talkie', but in my opinion, she narrated EVERYTHING with just a smile or a frown or a toss of her bobbed hair.

To quote the line from the musical 'Sunset Boulevard'...

"With one look you'll know all you need to know!"

(That's why she's my favorite silent star....as well as being up there with my 'Most Beautiful Actresses'. Not on the list to vote from, I know....but I just wanted an excuse to mention her. :) )

*Hi,CINEMAVEN:*

*Lulu is on my computer screen saver. She was intense and had a heck of a life too.*

Ah! It's great to discover I'm not the only Louise fan 'round these parts! 'Intense' is the PERFECT word for her, Cinemaven; I treated myself to a 'double-bill' of 'Diary of a Lost Girl' and 'Pandora's Box' the other day (I was having a Weimar moment), and I felt emotionally spent at the end of it all!

One of the pix I have shows her dancing at her wedding...with a woman.

She was something, as I'm sure many'd agree.

I treated myself to a 'double-bill' of 'Diary of a Lost Girl' and 'Pandora's Box' the other day (I was having a Weimar moment),

Welcome to the board, Nando!

diaryofalostgirl2-1.jpg

diaryofalostgirl4-1.jpg

Thanks for the warm welcome, *Frank...*and for the fabulous pictures of beautiful Louise! :)

You're welcome, Nando. Anyone who watches a double-feature of Pandora's Box and Diary of a Lost Girl will always receive the warmest of welcomes from me.

A poster mentioned Lee Remick. A lot of years ago there was a documentary on PBS abt a Broadway tribute to Steven Sondheim. Elaine Stritch, etal were featured performers.

Lo and behold so was Lee. She got up there and sang her heart out and was as good or better than the Broadway ladies.

The thing was, that at the time I thought Lee was just a good actress and a pretty woman. Well, I'll tell you - in this documentary there were candid shots of Lee watching as others rehearsed. And I never saw such an incandescently beautiful woman....

"A poster mentioned Lee Remick."

That was me...

A real looker...

Do you remember her in The Long, Hot Summer?

And the boys yelling Eula while she was on the porch...

...And "The Omen" and "Anatomy of a Murder" with that lucky little doggie in her lap and her stretch pants (Capris) and sunglasses and little bruise on her face. Gee.

My late aunt & uncle took me to my first fancy restaurant and my first Broadway play as a gift for graduating J.H.S. back in 1966. I don't remember where we went to eat, but my first Broadway play was "WAIT UNTIL DARK" starring Lee Remick.

I've been in love with her ever since. So sad her passing. Thanxx for bringing her up Mr. Holman.