Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Give us more DOROTHY LAMOUR!!!

Dorothy Lamour was one of the biggest movie stars of the late 1930's and 1940's yet she is one of the least seen of the superstars of the era on TCM. I realize this is mostly due to the fact she was at Paramount and they don't show too many Paramount films on the channel but it's time for TCM to fix this and give us more Dottie.

At least since they are now airing Columbia titles give us 1948's LULU BELLE with George Montgomery and 1949's SLIGHTLY FRENCH with Don Ameche.

Robert Osborne wrote an obit tribute to Miss Lamour in 1996 and in it he credited her with introducing him to people that ultimately led to him being chosen to host on TCM. IF ONLY FOR THIS DOROTHY LAMOUR DESERVES TO BE STAR OF THE MONTH SOMETIME!!!

I second that emotion! I've been squaking and pleading for years trying to have more of Dotties movies shown. One would think the only movies she appeared in were the series of road films but Dottie was quite the "STAR" long before she was paired with Hope & Crosby. She made some great films like, Johnny Apollo, And the Angels Sing, A Medal For Benny, The Fleet's In and Moon Over Burma just to mention a few. Drama, Comedy, Sing and Dance, she could do it all and do it all very well. Dorothy was a gorgeous muti-talented actress with a splended personality and if one knows her history, One Great American. To assign her movies to the vaults, never to be seen is a true travisty.

I would love to see more Dorothy Lamour films as well. I've only seen her in the Road pictures and in one of my favorite Bob Hope comedies *My Favorite Brunette* which I keep hoping TCM will play because it's public domain and I can't find a decent copy.

I have an old VHS copy of *The Hurricane* I recorded off TCM but I haven't watched it yet. I need to do that real soon. I would love to see more of her work. I like what I've seen so far.

I third that emotion!! She was a sultry luscious brunette and can lead the dark beauties populated by Ava and Darnell. I would add Hedy but she was very patrician. I would add Gail Russell but she was very fragile.

Awww hell...Let me re-phrase that. Lamour leads the dark beauties populated by Ava and Darnell and Hedy and Gail. Ooops! Lemme throw in Gene too.

Bing & Bob must've had a ball working with her but others did too. Let's out her. Let's take her out of the vault and put her flicks on TCM. Didn't she wear a sarong like nobody's business??!

L'amour...l'amour. Toujours LAMOUR!!

• 4 weeks later...