Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
David Guercio

What Time Does The Mad About Musicals Free Online Course Start On Sunday

I am finally a registered user here on the TCM message boards.  I kind of had some trouble trying to register for a while.  I finally made it.  I am finally here.  I was wondering what time the Mad About Musicals Free Online Course starts on Sunday?  This will also be my very first free online course and I couldn't be more excited.  So let me know where we'll all be meeting right when the course first starts.  So I will know what time and the very first thing we'll be doing.  So I'll know what to do.  I assume we all meet on the Canvas website and I know a part of the course will take place here on the message boards.  This will be so fun and so cool.

• Like 2

I also had trouble registering - the verification email took weeks to finally hit my inbox. Joined Backlot in the first month of its announcement, but never went on boards until registering for this course. Also curious when it starts, but will check my Canvas. Looking forward to taking this course. Tried Hitchcock last summer, but my health prohibited participation. Bummer - huge fan of The Master of Suspense for well over three decades and have all titles on Blu-Ray/DVD/iTunes. Rereleases of “Vertigo” & “North By Northwest” in theaters hooked me on Hitch at 23, but first runs of “Mary Poppins” & “Sound Of Music” hooked me at just 5 years old. Yeah - I’m old - lol ? 

• Like 2

Hi David,

We opened the course at midnight. You can now peruse the course and modules will open up as each day's lessons are ready to view. Monday will be the first official day for content, but there is plenty to look at prior to that. Be sure to be familiar with the films that TCM will be showing. Have fun. I look forward to hearing what you think about everything.

Dr. Vanessa Theme Ament

Professor, TCM Presents Mad About Musicals
Endowed Chair, Telecommunications
Ball State University

• Like 3
  • Thanks 8

If we get to pick which films we watch and how many I’m confused as to how we will be able to answer questions on the quizzes. Or will that become obvious later on?

1 hour ago, Cakane said:

If we get to pick which films we watch and how many I’m confused as to how we will be able to answer questions on the quizzes. Or will that become obvious later on?

I can see why that might be confusing. I do not make the quizzes about the films. I make up questions from the quizzes that lead to the certificate from the lecture notes, the lecture discussion videos, and the Daily Doses of Delights. So if you pay attention to those different assignments, you will have the content for the quizzes. I hope that clarifies.

• Thanks 4