Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi there, the Tap to the Top game does not seem to work on an iPad. I tried it both in the Canvas app and through the mobile browser, but each time it freezes my iPad completely and requires me to restart in order to get out of it. I have not tried it on a desktop computer yet. I will let you know if that works, but this might be something to look into.

has anyone else had trouble with the game?

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

If this is the Anything Goes challenge to put the tap track in order, I'm having trouble on a desktop PC.  The track to listen to first works, but none of the segments do so you can't judge which one belongs where. 

• Like 2

I found that the game does work on my desktop computer. In the game you have to make sure you hit the pause button to be able to select the individual tracks to listen.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

I'm doing the Tap Challenge on my desktop and it is not working. I can listen to the tap track but that is it.

Thanks everyone for playing the game! I am having our game design team look into these issues. If you are having technical difficulties, it will help me if you tell me more details about devices or the browsers you are using.

We hope the technical difficulties are temporary for most players, but if not, we will try to get everything working properly ASAP.  

Please note: the game has four different song/movie/performance variations: Anything Goes, A Chorus Line, Singin' in the Rain, and Freestyle - so you can at least do all the four variants - there are arrows on the second screen to choose other song choice and other quiz choices.

Also, there is a third mini game that involves matching the taps in a "Guitar Hero" style of gameplay - so we hope everyone is enjoying the game made by students at Ball State University, our great Digital Corps team! They loved working on a game related to the musicals!

Best, Richard Edwards

Played the whole game on my iPad and it worked fine.  Had no issues other than not scoring as well as I would have liked!

• Haha 1

I had issues on my iPad with the tap part (guitar hero part) bc each time I would tap, my screen size would adjust. It’s probably user error, but still annoying. The matching part worked fine though. 

I seem to be having a different problem. I figured out the part about having to hit pause when the whole track ends. However, I cannot drag any clip other than the first one onto the squares. If I try to drag another clip, the first clip just moves to that square instead.

I am on a Dell Inspiron laptop, and using the Edge browser (I think that's what it's called; whatever browser came with Windows 10).

I don't even see the 'guitar hero' part. Do I have to complete the drag-and-drop part first?

• Like 1

I am having an issue on my PC. I can hear the tap track, but not the 4 portions of the song that need to be dropped in order. I'm going to try the one suggestion of pausing the tap track and see if that works. 

• Like 1

Thanks Everyone! Love all the feedback and sorry that the game isn't always being responsive for some of you!

My game team has been alerted and is looking into all these issues. 

Thanks for checking it out - it was a concept from one of the students in my "Let's Movie Design Studio" course at Ball State, who said, "I want to have a game that features tap dancing" 

I'll be more specific....

I tried the game on an iPad Pro AND on a desktop iMac.  I got everything to work (i.e., it did not freeze), but it took several "refreshes" for the individual tap sequences to play.  The problem I had on BOTH devices was that when I went to check on my choices for the sequence to see if they were correct, I clicked to get the answer, but it looked like the link to the answers was broken.  I went nowhere and couldn't see if my answers were correct.  I also never saw the other choices beyond "Anything Goes" (a favorite of mine anyway), so I suspect it was because I couldn't get the button to work in which I was to check my answers.  I hope that helps the development team narrow in on the difficulties!  I got stopped in my tracks!  Oh, in both cases, I was using Safari as my browser.

Update:  I just realized that I had to press pause AGAIN before I hit the "Check Answers" button.  When I did that, it worked perfectly, and I was able to move on to all the other song/tap challenges.  So, my issues are now fixed.  It looks like everyone else is having similar issues, so my suggestion is that the instructions were not clear and need to be far more specific.  We're not all dummies!  

2 hours ago, Dulcinea3 said:

I seem to be having a different problem. I figured out the part about having to hit pause when the whole track ends. However, I cannot drag any clip other than the first one onto the squares. If I try to drag another clip, the first clip just moves to that square instead.

I am on a Dell Inspiron laptop, and using the Edge browser (I think that's what it's called; whatever browser came with Windows 10).

I don't even see the 'guitar hero' part. Do I have to complete the drag-and-drop part first?

I'm having the same exact issue on my laptop using Explorer

Hi

Using desk top computer and Chrome, and can't play the original music in the game. Yesterday I couldn't play the music or move the segments into place. Today the segments seem to move, but I can't listen to the original music or the segments. I tried Internet explorer and that that did not seem to make a difference. 

I am attempting to play the tap game and cannot figure out how it works.  I can play the tap sound, but music does not seem to play and I can only place one sound track at a time.  What am I doing wrong?  Thanks

I am having the same issue working on a PC. What happens is this. I can play the entire example. When I attempt to play the segments, nothing plays. If I attempt to place  a segment, it will let  me place it, but  always places it in position 1. If I attempt to place another segment, it (apparently) moves the original segment back to the group  of segments and places the newly selected one in position 1.

I tried it last night on my phone, and it wasn't showing me all of the options. I just tried it now on my computer. I can place all of the tap options where I want, but when I hit the 'check answer' button it doesn't do anything or take me to the next page.