Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Tommy Rall or Bobby Van or Gene Nelson or Donald O'Connor or Anyone Else?

Of all the "not Gene or Fred" dancers out there, who is your favorite? I love Tommy Rall, but I also really enjoy Bobby Van's style. The Nicholas Brothers, too.

Tell us who your favorite "unsung" (undanced?) hero is!

(The pictures are just suggestions.)?

Dancers 1.jpg

Donald O'Conner , Tommy Rall and Marc Platt.

How about the ladies? I'd vote for Marge Champion and June Haver.:D

• Like 1

I would pick Donald O'Connor.  I also love The Nicholas Brothers.  Danny Kaye and Dick Van Dyke are fun too. Russ Tamblyn is great as is James Cagney even though he only gets to dance in a handful of films.  Despite his choice in films, John Travolta was (maybe he is still?) a great dancer.  I also love Patrick Swayze's dancing in Dirty Dancing.  

• Like 4

The Nicholas Brothers!  Their joy leaps off the screen!

I Got a Girl in Kalamazoo!

That amazing sequence with Cab Calloway conducting in "Stormy Weather"!

Anything with two Nicholas Brothers and a staircase...

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I love Tommy Rall. He was amazing in Kiss Me Kate.  I also like Donald O'Connor.  I know it's sacrilege, but I think he out dances Gene Kelly in their numbers together.  If you watch the Fit as a Fiddle number, you see that Donald mimes playing the fiddle and just gives the little tiny extra touches and Gene seems focused on his dancing.

Danny Kaye is great as well.  I love him in White Christmas and A Song is Born.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Suzanne1228 said:

I love Tommy Rall. He was amazing in Kiss Me Kate.  I also like Donald O'Connor.  I know it's sacrilege, but I think he out dances Gene Kelly in their numbers together.  If you watch the Fit as a Fiddle number, you see that Donald mimes playing the fiddle and just gives the little tiny extra touches and Gene seems focused on his dancing.

Danny Kaye is great as well.  I love him in White Christmas and A Song is Born.

I have also always thought Donald O'Connor outdoes Gene Kelly in their numbers. In Moses Supposes, he is on fire.? But I agree about Fit As a Fiddle, too. (My son agrees, too.) So glad someone else said it!?

• Like 2