Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Tommy Rall or Bobby Van or Gene Nelson or Donald O'Connor or Anyone Else?

Bill "Bojangles" Robinson is definitely on my list. He was without a doubt the best tap dancer of his time, if not all time. It's amazing for me to think now that I'm older that this man was doing amazing work like this in his 60s and he's just as nimble, quick, and graceful as someone half his age, perhaps more so! And I loved seeing his work w/Shirley Temple. They were so sweet and charming together. 

Donald O'Connor is another good one. He easily matched Gene Kelly in Singing in the Rain from Fit as a Fiddle to the Moses Number. Plus Make 'Em Laugh was really a tour de force of his comedic training. Fabulous.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Put me down for Donald O'Conner, Danny Kaye, and Gene Nelson. For the ladies, Eleanor Powell and Ann Miller. My dad always liked Donald O"Conner, even when he wasn't talking to a mule. He was probably the first dancer I was aware of, and Danny Kaye was probably the second. Gene Nelson intrigued me when I saw him in several Warner Brothers musicals with Doris Day and Gordon MacRae, and of course, in "Oklahoma!." And the virtuousity of both Eleanor Powell and Ann Miller blew me away in the movies I saw them in - Powell in so few and Miller in so many.