Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I have read the Syllabus for the class and I know we can either use the post notes on the canvas or the posts on here, but I also know that there are some important things that will be shown from clips to live discussions and getting to meet other students from the class to discuss what we learned or anything will help others and that will be on twitter and I don't have a twitter account. So is it important to have a twitter account, just wondering

We leave all of the choices about what social media to participate in up to the individual students.

We find Padlet Bulletin Board in Canvas useful for leaving a note for other students or raising a question. 

We find the TCM message board most valuable for deeper content analysis and discussion

We find Twitter excellent for engaging the community of film fans and sharing course achievements, brief thoughts about the course and building connections with other students

I personally find Twitter (#TCMusicals) a meaningful aspect of this course, but many of the students choose not to participate on Twitter. In a course of over 20,000 students maybe 2,000 to 3,000 students are on Twitter which makes it an active place of connection and discussion, but it is certainly not a requirement of the course.

The goal is to provide multiple options, and have everyone only do what they are comfortable with doing.

Hope this answer helps!

Richard Edwards

• Thanks 2

Do we have another hashtag for this course or just TCMusicals. I’m on twitter a lot but I haven’t seen that much yet just from TCM and a few here. Or will there be more when we have movies assigned to watch. 

The hashtag #TCMusicals is pretty active - we are getting lots of posts per hour since the course launched. But the course tends to pick up a notch in social media traffic once the films start airing on TCM, which begins tomorrow, Tuesday, June 5. 

• Like 1