Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

This film followed today’s showing of The Great Ziegfeld. The info on my television guide listed Eddie Cantor and William Frawley (Fred Mertz!) as stars, but imagine my surprise when I heard a familiar voice singing and thought she looked familiar. A quick check of IMDB let me know I was right: Ethel Merman! 

• Like 2

Yep! Which is strange, because I thought I saw her briefly in the Great Ziegfeld (probably not though, since she wasn't listed on IMBD even as uncredited), so to have her turn up on the very next movie was kind of cosmic lol.

I had to pause the movie near the beginning because I do freelance tasks on the computer and picked up a couple that I had to do. I'm just at the part where the dry cleaner (not sure who the actor is) was cutting out a picture of Ethel Merman's character from a newspaper that was laying over a pair of freshly pressed pants. The next thing was pretty predictable but still funny: he cuts the pants in the process.

Going back now to pick up from where I left off.

Ethel was very beautiful in this film. The musical numbers don’t make sense. I liked the production number where Eddie Cantor ended the dance balancing thevwoen in his hand. Clever.