Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Movies You Want to End Differently

I can't really think of any, but I thought it would make for a good topic.

Oh wait, I would have liked Jack Lemmon to marry Joe E. Brown in "Some Like It Hot".

Now that would have made a great sequel for sure...

• Haha 3

For me, I've always dreaded watching the fate of Kirk Douglas' horse play out at the end of Lonely are the Brave.

And yeah, I know that poor horse is supposed to be symbolic of a passing of an era, but I still hate that ending, and although I suppose it DOES put an strong "exclamation point" at the end of this film.

(...and I don't think ya have to be a PETA person to get what I'm talkin' about here) ;)

• Like 3

(SPOILERS coming)

THE ROARING TWENTIES....Production code be damned, I wanted Eddie Bartlett to get away, alive and well, and make a new start elsewhere. He could never find a decent job after the war (thus leading to his heading toward a life of crime), and he lost the one woman he truly loved to a former war comrade, and he got screwed out of his business by another war comrade and former partner-in-crime. He deserved a better hand than what he got dealt with.

• Like 3

I just sat through DAYS OF WINE AND ROSES and did like the ending at all. 

that schtootz jack lemmon just pitifully watches his wife go across the street to a bar to continue killing herself with booze and just watches and pop was right!. HE did start his daughter to drinking. I think the ending is too much of a downer. Bickford shoulda beat the crap outta lemmon, dragged his daughter home and tie her to a bed for 48 hours periodically throwing buckets of cold water on 'er.

that woulda taken the boozy sass outta her.

:)

HAP-PYYY NEW YEARRR!!!

Related image

• Like 1

I wish Baby Face would have just ended with Stanwyck making it to the top and living in the lap of luxury.

In Grease, I wish that anything else would have happened other than Danny and Sandy driving up in the air in the car.

Silver River.  I didn't like how Flynn's character did a 180 and suddenly was loved by the town.  It's like in How the Grinch Stole Christmas.  Not only do the Whos forgive the Grinch for burglarizing them, they make him the guest of honor at the dinner! He even gets to carve the roast beast! 

Titanic.  Why does the old lady drop the expensive jewel in the ocean? I get that it's symbolic.  But that thing was worth tens of millions of dollars.  Come on Rose! 

• Like 3

I love the film Diabolique, but would've given it one more twist at the end:  Vera Clouzot collapses after seeing her 'dead' hubby stand up in the tub;  he pops his fake eyes out, he and Simone Signoret get a good laugh out of it..in comes the inspector, Charles Vanel, giving the 'I've been watching you two' speech, they're taken away...then, Vanel bends down, looks at poor Clouzot..she opens her eyes, smiles at him..they embrace...ah hah! hubby wasn't the only one with a lover! (or could fake a death) ..she gets the last laugh

• Like 2
54 minutes ago, NipkowDisc said:

that schtootz jack lemmon just pitifully watches his wife go across the street to a bar to continue killing herself with booze and just watches and pop was right!. HE did start his daughter to drinking. I think the ending is too much of a downer. Bickford shoulda beat the crap outta lemmon, dragged his daughter home and tie her to a bed for 48 hours periodically throwing buckets of cold water on 'er.

You missed it.

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, speedracer5 said:

Titanic.  Why does the old lady drop the expensive jewel in the ocean? I get that it's symbolic.  But that thing was worth tens of millions of dollars.  Come on Rose! 

That's a good one. It reminds me of THE NAKED SPUR, where I also had a similar it's symbolic but c'mon! issue--like okay, that lesson is really important and pivotal for the characters, but you know....ya'll could still take the money, right? It doesn't have to be a false dilemma! It's still a great movie though.

There are a number of Spielberg movies I'd put on this list. I really, really hated how WAR OF THE WORLD's ended at the time. Now, okay, I guess it makes sense as a terrorism metaphor, but I still think it was a weak cop out. MINORITY REPORT I really like a lot, but part of me does wish Spielberg had stuck to the darker parts of the story and Tom Cruise doesn't pull it out at the end.

I'm sure others will come to mind.

• Like 1

I think that twist ending to Diabolique would be a hoot. But as a Vera Clouzot fan,

I can't see her, even in a movie, messing around with Charles Vanel. Yikes.

Yes, old Fred C Dobbs was a pretty mean article, but I still felt sorry when he was

killed by Gold Hat and his buddies. Let's see, Fred is seriously wounded, but he plays

dead until the bandits leave. Then the barber from Tampico, who likes to go for long

hikes on his day off, discovers Dobbs and nurses him back to health, throwing in

a free hair cut. Dobbsey hangs around Tampico, what a town, and buys another

lottery ticket and wins again. But he has learned his lesson. Instead of going

prospecting for gold he returns to the U.S., buys IBM stock and lives off the dividends

until he dies in his bed without his boots on.

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, NipkowDisc said:

I just sat through DAYS OF WINE AND ROSES and did like the ending at all. 

:)

HAP-PYYY NEW YEARRR!!!

Related image

Lemmon's character may have gotten her addicted to the booze, but she was the one who chose to stay on that road even after Lemmon himself started to make a truly honest effort to sober up. He wanted her to get help, but to put it simply, she didn't want it.

You can't make someone stop drinking, THEY have got to make the decision on their own to want to stop drinking. He did. She didn't. Simply put.

There is nothing that Lemmon nor her father could do for her by the end of the movie. She made her decision, which more than likely, was going to be the death of her sooner or later.

It is a downer of an ending, but it's also a truly realistic one. A lot of alcoholics choose to drink themselves to death rather than get help.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
10 hours ago, laffite said:

You missed it.

what? yeah, I saw bickford try and choke the schtootz in his greenhouse. a real husband woulda roughed her up a little bit, maybe pour some booze on her head and said "you're coming home to pop, Debbie and me if I hafta wipe up the floor with ya. you'll be whistling happy new year outta your zah-zah after I'm through with ya".

:D

Image result for jack lemmon lee remick movie

• Like 1
6 hours ago, NipkowDisc said:

what? yeah, I saw bickford try and choke the schtootz in his greenhouse. a real husband woulda roughed her up a little bit

What? yeah, hey when they were standing on that foot bridge and she had the gall to admit she liked chocolate a lot, a real guy woulda rejected her immediately for a real guy woulda not wanted some girl with rotten teeth, in fact a real man woulda pushed her off the bridge a little bit

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I'm thinkin' Nip here might've lasted all of 10 minutes workin' at one o' those A.A. hot lines.

(...anybody else gettin' this feelin' here?) ;) 

• Haha 3
22 hours ago, shutoo said:

I love the film Diabolique, but would've given it one more twist at the end:  Vera Clouzot collapses after seeing her 'dead' hubby stand up in the tub;  he pops his fake eyes out, he and Simone Signoret get a good laugh out of it..in comes the inspector, Charles Vanel, giving the 'I've been watching you two' speech, they're taken away...then, Vanel bends down, looks at poor Clouzot..she opens her eyes, smiles at him..they embrace...ah hah! hubby wasn't the only one with a lover! (or could fake a death) ..she gets the last laugh

If Clouzot isn't dead, what is Signoret being charged with?

• Confused 1

How about a more REALISTIC ending to that Capra flick about Jefferson Smith and his standing up to the corruption in our nation's capital?

Yeah, YOU know, like say Claude Rains DOESN'T cave at the end, and so young Senator Smith IS thrown out of the Senate, returns to his small bucolic midwestern state in disgrace, and eventually becomes a very very bitter old man?!

(...hmmm...nah, never mind...doubt anyone would wanna see that, huh...well, EXCEPT for a few of the CYNICS around here anyway, huh...and YOU know who you are, doncha!) ;)

LOL

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, skimpole said:

If Clouzot isn't dead, what is Signoret being charged with?

attempted murder, colluding to defraud (aiding and abetting his plan to get her school)..probably other stuff..

12 hours ago, Fedya said:

I wanted one more bullet at the end of Sleeping With the Enemy.

Who for?  The ex husband, or YOURSELF?  :D

Ach, well.......

I'd have liked to have seen FRANK CHAMBERS and CORA SMITH be given a chance.

I also would have liked to have seen the chapel in LILLIES OF THE FIELD have it's first service, with Homer Smith sitting "front pew-center"  ;)

Sepiatone

• Like 1
On ‎6‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 11:36 PM, Bethluvsfilms said:

Lemmon's character may have gotten her addicted to the booze, but she was the one who chose to stay on that road even after Lemmon himself started to make a truly honest effort to sober up. He wanted her to get help, but to put it simply, she didn't want it.

You can't make someone stop drinking, THEY have got to make the decision on their own to want to stop drinking. He did. She didn't. Simply put.

There is nothing that Lemmon nor her father could do for her by the end of the movie. She made her decision, which more than likely, was going to be the death of her sooner or later.

It is a downer of an ending, but it's also a truly realistic one. A lot of alcoholics choose to drink themselves to death rather than get help.

"let 'er die!" -voice of Mercedes mccambridge, the exorcist

:D

• Like 1