Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I see lots of traffic on musicals and songs that people don't like. I'm equally interested in what you DO like, best, second best or whatever. I think it would tell me a bit about who we in the class are. Here are a couple of each that I like:

Musical: Sound of Music (maybe because it's the first I ever saw at a theater)

Oliver (maybe because my sister was in the cast of her high school production)

Sister Act (because Whoopi is funny)

Songs:  I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

Sunrise, Sunset

If I Loved You

• Like 1

One of my absolute favorite musical numbers of all time is "Dancing in the Dark" from The Band Wagon (1953).  The simplicity and grace.  Just two marvelous dancers dancing in a park.  The music is amazing and the dance is breathtaking.

• Like 2

Camelot is one of my favorite musicals.  The movie has an excellent cast of actors, beautiful scenery, and great music.  One of my favorite songs from Camelot is How to Handle a Woman.  It is probably one of the most romantic songs in the world.

• Like 1

I agree with you, we should all list our favorites. My name is Sonia Fuentes, a Puerto Rican born in the Bronx, New York in 1951.  Musical...Band Wagon......because of Astaire and Cyd Charisse

Top Hat.............because of Astaire and Ginger

My Fair Lady......has to be Audrey

Favorite Song.................Sun Rise Sunset

• Like 1

Old Musicals:
Hello Dolly!
Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
Sound of Music
White Christmas
Meet Me In St. Louis
Summer Magic

Old Musical Songs:
Don't Rain on My Parade
Pure Imagination
Bali Ha'i
People Will Say We're In Love
Marian the Librarian 

New Musicals:
La La Land
Beauty & the Beast (2017)
the Greatest Showman

New Musical Songs:
Evermore
Someone In the Crowd
This Is Me/Come Alive

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My favorite musicals are going to have to be Sound of Music, My Fair Lady, A Chorus Line, and Wicked. I have so many songs that are from different musicals, but I think my favorite composers and lyricists are Rogers and Hammerstein, hands down. 

• Like 1
On 6/6/2018 at 3:05 PM, Sarah Last said:

Camelot is one of my favorite musicals.  The movie has an excellent cast of actors, beautiful scenery, and great music.  One of my favorite songs from Camelot is How to Handle a Woman.  It is probably one of the most romantic songs in the world.

Camelot has been my favorite Broadway musical since I was a little girl. It's one of my favorite movie musicals as well but I doubt it would be if not for Richard Harris. Despite the lush scenery and fantastic costumes, there are a lot of elements missing from the movie (songs shortened or cut out, for instance). But when I saw Richard Harris he became *my* King Arthur for life. I even got to see him on stage because Richard Burton had revived the show in the early 80s and Harris took over for him when he fell ill. After it closed on Broadway it toured for two or three years and came to Atlanta twice. I was over the moon! And my favorite song depends on my mood but I'd have to say How to Handle a Woman and/or I Wonder What the King is Doing Tonight.

My absolute favorite movie musical is Oklahoma! And my favorite number, hands down, is Kansas City, followed closely by All Er Nothin. Are you picking up on a Gene Nelson theme going on here? :)

• Like 1

I'm a big kid, lol...I love too many, as you can tell I can go on, but as to name songs i'm horrible at that: 

Sound of Music.    An American in Paris.  

Pete's Dragon (the original).   Brigadoon.

Finians Rainbow.  Mary Poppins. 

Anything Shirley Temple 

Annie.  The Greatest Showman.

My Fair Lady.  Singing in the Rain

Bye Bye Birdie.  Wizard of Oz.  Last years Beauty & the Beast

Phantom of the Opera.   Hairspray.

Pirates of Penzance.  Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band

• Like 1

I do not know what my favorite would be but here are a few favorites in no particular order.

The Music Man. There is a lot of inventive ways they perform their songs not to mention there are many good songs in that musical.

Singing in the Rain. I love this one for so many reasons but the main reason is that it was simple a well done musical with lots of entertaining songs and dance routines. 

Hans Christian Anderson. I love Danny Kaye and this is my favorite movie that he was ever in. Great songs and creative dance sequences. Just a really wonderful film.

I have more but I do not want to go on for ever as I am sure a lot of us could do. Thanks for asking I love sharing favorites.

• Like 1