Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MotherofZeus

DC/Bethesda Montgomery County/Howard County/ MD Chapter

I may have missed it, but I do not see a DC or Montgomery/Howard County Maryland Backlot Chapter.  I saw a Greater Baltimore and DelMarVa.  Did I miss one, or do I need to find my fellow Backlot Unicorns to start a chapter for this area?

Hi MoZ - I didn't see any replies to this - any luck finding a local chapter?  I am somewhat far afield (Shepherdstown WV) but work in Chevy Chase 1 day a week. I'll take what I can get!

There is a DC/MD/VA Chapter but they tend to meet in VA.

From an email from the chapter:

TCM/Fathom Movie Event is always held on a Sunday at 2pm, at the Regal 16 Cinema Potomac Yard, on Jefferson Davis Highway (Route 1), Alexandria, Virginia. 

There was discussion around this time in 2018 to break the group up into smaller groups since many don't want to make it VA or can't make it but it hasn't happened yet. 

I've never gone to the Alexandria showings because that's a little far for me. Sadly there are never any showings at any theatres in DC or MD but I can't tell you why if I ever knew why.

To me the DC/MD/VA group is more of a NoVA/DC group & that's fine but I also wish we had a MoCo or Central MD group.

I'm closer to the Germantown Regal Cinemas & see almost all my TCM Fathom Events there at their midday Wednesday shows. We do Rockville occasionally to

There is a DC/MD/VA Chapter but they tend to meet in VA.

From an email from the chapter:

TCM/Fathom Movie Event is always held on a Sunday at 2pm, at the Regal 16 Cinema Potomac Yard, on Jefferson Davis Highway (Route 1), Alexandria, Virginia. 

There was discussion around this time in 2018 to break the group up into smaller groups since many don't want to make it VA or can't make it but it hasn't happened yet. 

I've never gone to the Alexandria showings because that's a little far for me. Sadly there are never any showings at any theatres in DC or MD but I can't tell you why if I ever knew why.

To me the DC/MD/VA group is more of a NoVA/DC group & that's fine but I also wish we had a MoCo or Central MD group.

I'm closer to the Germantown Regal Cinemas & see almost all my TCM Fathom Events there at their midday Wednesday shows. We do Rockville occasionally too.

Hi. I too can’t really go to the VA group. It’s just too far. We go to the Regal in Rockville. But I can’t do midday Wednesday as I work. 

If anyone goes on Sundays, I’d be happy to meet up at some point. 

Hwest112 & JasonLeeIsAGod - I also live in Germantown and go to the Germantown or Rockville Regal for TCM Fathom Events.  Would love to meet up with you for a future showing.  Let me know.