Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Shall We Dance is my least favorite of their films, but it still has much to love. On the downside, its  vision of ballet is revolting. Harriet Hoctor's dancing makes me leave the room. However, there are such great songs including the heart-rending "They Can't Take That Away from Me." Why oh why wasn't that a dance number.  Who cannot love  "Let's Call the Whole Thing Off" with its blend of comedy, wordplay, and dancing on roller skates.  The final dance number"They All Laughed" is also fun and clever with its chorus of Gingers. 

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Movie Wrangler said:

Watching Shall We Dance this afternoon on TCM.  Gotta love anything with Edward Everett Horton.

Edward Everett Horton is my favorite character actor - so charming at playing the fool and the MASTER of the TRIPLE TAKE. What a delightful "worry-wart" fellow he acted in the Fred and Ginger movies. He had a house and farmland in the Valley (Encino) in Los Angeles but when officials decided to build Highway 101 that runs through that part of town, they ended up taking his property for it. They did rename a block of the street he lived on as Edward Everett Horton Lane.

Ed Ev horton St-Amestoy Encino, CA.jpg

• Like 2