Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Is there anyway that TCM can partner with Sling TV? The app doesn’t work without a provider, but Sling isn’t listed as a provider, so I’ve had to purchase each of the films I’ve watched through amazon rentals, which means I haven’t been able to watch very many because it’s $3-$6 per movie. I’m enjoying the course, and some of the movies I own or have seen, so I’m not concerned about those. But since I aimed to broaden my base with this class I would really like to watch more than a couple movies each week. 

Somethig to consider, please.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MikeD31784 said:

I have TCM through Charter Spectrum and it has worked for me.

That’s great...but I have Sling, which isn’t currently listed as a partner. So the app won’t work for me. 

On 6/12/2018 at 9:50 PM, MarkH said:

You can get TCM on SlingTV. Then watch your films on Sling!

Unfortunately it’s not part of our package ?

8 minutes ago, Kate M said:

Unfortunately it’s not part of our package ?

TCM is in the Hollywood Extra package with Sling TV. An additional $5 per month. It can be added to Sling Blue or Sling Orange. Using the Watch TCM app requires a TCM subscription with cable or satellite.

Note that even if you have Sling or other streaming services, some movies like Yankee Doodle Dandy are blacked out from streaming. Don't know why. One of those mysteries of film ownership.

Filmstruck has a good number of musicals.  They don't have everything that the course is recommending.  I do believe that 3 of the 4 for next week are available.  But only 1 in week 4's recommended viewing list is (Cabaret). However, Filmstruck has many of the other films, particularly 30s musicals, that have been referenced by Dr. Ament and her guest lecturers.