Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Easter Parade - Two Girls and a Sailor Connection?

Yesterday I watched Two Girls and a Sailor and tonight I watched Easter Parade for the umpteenth time. At the part in the movie when Hewes realizes that Hannah is better performing as herself rather than a copy of Nadine, they show the end of a number and, at some point, show someone changing the performance card from Dick Deyo to Hannah and Hewes. Dick Deyo was the Deyo sisters' (Two Girls and a Sailor) father. 

I googled his name but can't find any indication that he was a real person on the Vaudeville circuit. Any idea why his name would briefly show up in another movie? Are there other connections between the two movies? 

• Like 1

It could be that they still had the performance cards left over in the prop department.  Also in Two Girls and a Sailor, when they are walking through the theatrical warehouse initially you see many props.  One that always sticks out to me is the large Samurai.  It pops up in a lot of places.  It ended up on the Addam's Family set in the 1960s.

• Thanks 1
16 minutes ago, Suzanne1228 said:

It could be that they still had the performance cards left over in the prop department.  Also in Two Girls and a Sailor, when they are walking through the theatrical warehouse initially you see many props.  One that always sticks out to me is the large Samurai.  It pops up in a lot of places.  It ended up on the Addam's Family set in the 1960s.

Yes, props were typically reused. The K with the circle around it used for Kane's estate in CITIZEN KANE is reused in WHILE THE CITY SLEEPS 15 years later for another family with a last name that starts with a K.

I think it was actress Alison Arngrim who explained this reusing of props as the reason why Michael Landon blew up all the sets at the end of the last Little House TV movie. He didn't want the furniture to turn up in other TV shows and movies later on. He wanted what appeared on screen in Little House to be exclusive to Little House. It also saved them on storage fees and hauling fees.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1