Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Forbidden Hollywood Vol 3??????

We pre-Code fans must put up a united front. There needs to be more pre-Codes shown each month. 1950s westerns and 1960s teen flicks just don't cut the mustard.

Amen! It's really quite sad - the handful of pre-codes that are aired each month. Looking ahead to June and July, there are only a few films from 1930-1934 scheduled. And most of those are regulars on TCM anyway.

I'm all for a "united front" but how do we do that? I've done the whole "suggest a film" thing on TCM's website. Doesn't seem to do any good. Suggestions?

• 3 weeks later...

Or, since TCM seems so determined to show them in the early morning hours, how about setting aside a certain day and loading us up with "Pre-Dawn Pre-Codes." I know my DVR would be set to catch them. By the way, I like your "Soft Focus Saturday" name...very catchy!!

Oh, and by the way...how about digging into the vaults for something that hasn't been shown a hundred times. Even a B-quality pre-Code I haven't seen holds interest to someone who enjoys the genre.

George Feltenstein, Warner Home Video's senior VP in charge of programming, said in a live chat in 2007 at the Digital Bits website that he'd like to release two Forbidden Hollywood collections each year, so maybe we'll see another FH collection soon.

I'm all for them showing more pre-codes, i would be interested in sending a letter, if that is effective! I'd like to see more Stanwyck and maybe Temple Drake w/Miriam Hopkins as well in the Volume 3! Illicit, The Miracle Woman, and a few more Stanwyck films need to be released!