Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I also love Danny Kaye. On of my favorites is On The Riviera. He does a great job in another dual role. This time he’s playing an entertainer and a businessman he impersonates instead of twins like in Wonder Man. His movies aren’t shown nearly often enough. 

• Like 2

I'm convinced that Danny Kaye was one of the most talented human beings that ever lived. He was outrageously funny, could do drama as well as anyone, had one of the best, most versatile singing voices anywhere, and did so much with his wealth and celebrity for the good of humanity through his charitable work and philanthropy. His warmth and sincerity was unparalleled, and I'd take one of his films, even a weaker one, over one by the leading male "stars" any day. I also wish we had covered more of his films, but that won't stop me from enjoying them on my own!

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

The absence of Danny Kaye movies in the line up was a disappointment. He had such an impact on radio and movies in the forties and fifties, and on television in the sixties. "The Court Jester" is my favorite, but so many of the others are close seconds. Though we viewed none of his movies, Kaye was not completely ignored in this course. We did have "The Ugly Duckling" clip from "Hans Christian Andersen" (1952).