Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Want to start a Wine Country Chapter (Sonoma & Napa counties) in California

I'd like to start a Wine Country Chapter in Northern California (for Sonoma & Napa counties). Currently I belong to the San Francisco Chapter, and they're all lovely, but it's hard for me to get to many of the films. Let me know if you're interested in being added to my list of potential members! Thanks  

• 2 years later...

Hello, Jen,

Know you posted this loooong time ago & got zero response. Maybe you reposted more recently or found a local group?

Anyway, I'm TCM fan with BA in art history with speciality in film. My ex-husband used to say if film was in black & white, Jeannie would like it. Exaggeration, but I do like the classics. Until early last year I was active in a couple film MeetUp groups in Petaluma & Santa Rosa. Pandemic took one out, the other was too specialized in happy or uplifting old flicks. Still active in another excellent film group led by former professor that Zooms once a month. In past, only theater flicks considered, now we're watching oldies.

Totally unsure sure how to progress from this point, but @ least you know you aren't a lone TCM fan in the vineyards or wherever in Sonoma/Napa you dwell.

Since TCM gives us the opportunity to watch a film in our own homes, perhaps a gathering via Zoom to discuss after?  We could join the City groups or they us just as easily. Are they already Zooming?

Please let me know you've seen this posting into the wilderness & if you have any feedback, news on Zoom meetings, etc.

Thanks so much-  Jeannie