Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
bobp

Blondie movie series

I would like to see all of the Blondie movies on TCM they were from 1938 to 1950. I think they are owned by King Features but all were made by Columbia Pictures. Every one of the these movies are entertaining. They stared Penny Singleton as Blondie and Arthur Lake as Dagwood.

LOVE those films...! My Mom and I would watch those on Saturday afternoon. When AMC was good, they played them all.....I taped my favorite 8 and watch them over and over...!

I am the "Mom" in "webestang's" post and he brings back fond memories.

The "Blondie" movies were so much fun. Today, they talk about "chemistry"

between couples in movies. I don't know about THAT in these films, but

they certainly were excellent together. There were actors who had small

parts in some of the movies, such as Glenn Ford & Rita Hayworth. I am sure

there were others which don't come to mind at the moment.

I would like to see them run on TCM as well. Why not!?

Hey they were good movies, I just wished Platinum who put the first 10 films on DVD would do more. I think the film Footlight Glamour, which they did was one of their best.

I think I liked "It's A Great Life with Blondie and the Bumsteads" 1943 best. Dagwood gets the order from Mr. Dithers to buy a house and Dagwood thought he said "buy a horse". So he buys a horse.

I'd bet that horse in that movie was the same horse used prominently in "Tarzan's Desert Mystery" that same year, 1943.

It was a fun series and I too watched them all on AMC in the late '90s. I taped a good number of them.

I'm a big fan of the "Blondie" film series and wish the powers that be would soon release all of the movies in a digital remastered Golden Series format with behind the series commentary because it's been a very long time since I was able to watch this series on TV and would love to hear some background information of how and why this particular series came to be. One of my favorites involved crooks dognapping Daisey the pup because some gangster's moll wanted to own the pooch for herself and the Navy came to the rescue in a slapstick fight sequence in the head gangster's nightclub(one of the goons is played by Marc Lawrence who gets punched in the jaw by Dagwood--how cool is that!"), but it would be great if the entire series was released on DVD for the public to enjoy!

I purchased all of the movies I could find. My kids and I drive around and sing the theme song! My favorite, that I remember watching on TV on Sat. or Sun. as a kid, was the one where Dagwood is making a meal for Mr. Dithers and he switches the can of hash for a can of dog food. They were barking all over the place. Oh, and the one with "Champion Chin Up White Tie for Dinner". :)

My Favorite Blondie Movie was "Blondie Knows Best 1946" because it features Shemp Howard (of Three Stooges fame) playing the role of Jim Gray, the process server. With the glasses on which makes him mistake things for people as well as a great comic scene between him and Blondie! Use to have it on VHS but can't find it!