Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Curating Spotify playlist of songs from musicals

Am thinking about creating a Spotify playlist featuring songs from the movies we've been watching this month -- and would love some suggestions about what to include. I wouldn't mind including versions of the songs that were covered by other people -- such as Sinatra's rendition of "Luck Be a Lady" from Guys and Dolls. And that's a good place to start! 

So...suggestions? Thanks in advance! 

• Like 1

I have a lot of favorites and I don’t know if they’re all on here, but I came up with a list.

• Singin’ in the Rain has many good ones including its namesake and Good Morning
  • Fred Astaire (Cheek to Cheek, Let’s Call the Whole Thing Off, The Way You Look Tonight, Steppin’ Out With My Baby, A Shine on Your Shoes, Let’s Face the Music and Dance, They Can’t Take That Away From Me)
  • Judy Garland (Over the Rainbow, The Trolley Song, How About You, Get Happy, Easter Parade, Mack the Black)
  • New York, New York from On the Town
  • Gershwin tunes like Rhapsody in Blue, American in Paris, I Got Rhythm, S’Wonderful, etc.
  • Hallelujah from Hit the Deck. I also really like “I Know that You Know” from that as well
  • I like the Yankee Doodle Dandy and Kismet soundtracks a lot too

There were cds that were compilations of some of the greater songs from the musicals, usually MGM, so if you can find a tracklist for the That’s Entertainment cds, it’s a great place to start.