Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I can’t believe we will soon be in our final week of the course. Time sure has flown by. In the past three weeks I have learned so much that will forever change the way I view musicals and my enjoyment of them. I’ve always been a Credits lover but now when I watch the names and titles scroll by I feel as if the many ppl responsible both above and below the line are old friends. It’s telling how many of these behind the scenes individuals had lasting careers responsible for some fine work in a long line of great musicals. I thank them all as I thank all responsible for this course.

I can’t wait for the coming week but at the same time I hope the week crawls by as I don’t wish the course to end. I’m going to miss the lectures, Daily Doses, clips, podcasts and the friends I have made in the discussions on the TCM MAM Forum. I’m even going to miss the quizzes! 

After taking this great course I will never again find it so easy to answer the question, “So what’s your favorite musical?” My reply will most likely be, “Well, if you can spare an hour sit down and I’ll tell you!”

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

I hope they do offer another course. This has been a blessing for this retired person.  Kinda gives me a reason to get up and enjoy the day.  And I learned so much!

Another great benefit is the wisdom acquired from such knowledgeable classmates!

My mother thanks you, my father thanks you, my sister thanks you, and I thank you!  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
10 hours ago, Kathie2 said:

My mother thanks you, my father thanks you, my sister thanks you, and I thank you!  

Are you watching with your family? I am, too! Husband, grown daughter & her fellow.

It's been good old fashioned family fun.

• Like 2
22 minutes ago, Marica said:

Are you watching with your family? I am, too! Husband, grown daughter & her fellow.

It's been good old fashioned family fun.

I occasionally turn on the movies when my husband is in the room working on jigsaw puzzles.  He doesn't object because its background noise.  Otherwise, he would NEVER watch with me.  I inform my 94 year-old mom when and what musicals are on.  She watched High Society the other day and loved it.  Basically, besides my mother (who doesn't live with me), I am alone in this "quest".  :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
14 minutes ago, Kathie2 said:

I occasionally turn on the movies when my husband is in the room working on jigsaw puzzles.  He doesn't object because its background noise.  Otherwise, he would NEVER watch with me.  I inform my 94 year-old mom when and what musicals are on.  She watched High Society the other day and loved it.  Basically, besides my mother (who doesn't live with me), I am alone in this "quest".  :)

You are definitely not alone!

• Like 4

It really did move along quite fast didn’t it. I have so much enjoyed this class and conversing with others. So different from other online courses I’ve taken as I didn’t realize TCM/Ball State gave us the opportunity. I’ll look forward to upcoming ones. I had just finished one at Hampton University UK and will be starting another next month; not movie related but literature. 

I seen TCM had offered one on Hitchcock, how interesting that must have been. 

• Like 2

Deciding on a whim to take this course was one of the best things I've done for myself in a long time. Thanks to time and life, I'd forgotten how much I enjoy classic cinema. And my appetite for such things has been so whet, I'm looking into taking online courses in film studies, with an eye towards maybe even getting my Masters. I'm anxious to learn more! Plus, I've encountered and made the virtual acquaintance of some very lovely people -- bonus! It's been just a great experience all the way 'round. I feel like this is the last week of summer camp and it's all a little bittersweet.

• Like 4