Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
mickeeteeze

Left Right Left.....

Yep...But think of the math and engineering skills that it requires to line up wall so exactly, miles apart and with no view of a common point of reference..... "Astronomy is based on math".. Or so a prof. I once had stated....

Yes, it is astounding how they were able to do that. The Zuni seemed pretty good at that too.

>Shawnee 3rd generation... Since your interest are in that direction you should investigate Charo Canyon and the way the walls of the ruins are aligned with the lunar equinoxes.

It's Chaco Canyon.

I'm part Cherokee. If my grandfather had registered, I'd have a BIA card today myself.

Mayans taught them.

Pueblo villages go way down into Mexico, and north into Colorado. There was interchange with Mayans near the end of the peak of Mayan civilization.

>OP, do you mean Chaco Canyon and the Anasazi Sun Dagger? My girlfriend has visited there ... she was bowled over. I've done some reading on it, and have the PBS show with Redford narrating. Unfortunately, my book only skims the surface of astronomy, as that topic has been done quite well by others.

I've seen their painting of the Nova of 1054.

If you can document back to the land allotment roles of the 1890's, you "should" be able to enroll today. But, I'm not 100% on that. Worth checking on though. re: Chaco... I plan on spending some time there when I head out to Monument Valley, Vermilion Cliffs and Zion in a couple of weeks. I'll return via the north rim of Grand Canyon and the "rez". I have to keep away from Zuni though, my wife is "addicted" to the jewelry. (The daughter-in-laws are brawling over the booty already......)

We can?t document back that far. All we can do is refer back to some pictures of my grandparents in Kentucky around 1910. It was my grandfather who used to tell the story about one of his grandmothers. We thought nothing about it back in the old days, but now it is more important.

Mickee, I just spent the last half hour or so reading this thread. I think it's great!

I guess what I like about it is that there are obviously all points of view represented here, and yet so far, no meltdowns!

I think if we can continue in this spirit of civility and respect, this can be one of the most enjoyable, informative and enlightening threads here.

As a conservative myself, I found myself pretty much in agreement with Bob's comments a few posts earlier, but that doesn't mean I haven't enjoyed reading this thread and getting to know where some of my fellow posters are coming from. And given the nature of this subject, some impassioned comments are to be expected, but if we can continue to treat each other with respect and avoid useless speculations as to each others' motives, I'll be honored to be a part of this thread also. For myself, I've always felt that everyone deserves the benefit of the doubt on the issue of motive, unless and until that person himself gives me a solid reason to feel that BOD was misplaced. And that hasn't been happening here.

And I think that's true in any subject of debate/discussion, whether the subject be politics, religion or anything else.

And CineSage, I mean that (about BOD) for you as much as for anyone else here. If I could extend my hand to you through cyber-space, I would.

I have to run, so other posts will have to wait for another time.

In the meantime, ladies and gents, I wish you all well, and to all of us, Peace.

Hey, did you know that ?The Day the Earth Stood Still? is a parable about Jesus?

Klaatu, who takes the name of ?Carpenter?, comes to earth to warn earth people about their sins and about how they would all be destroyed if they didn?t wise up and be nice to one another. He sought out the wisest people in his community to pass along his message and asked them to become his disciples and help spread the word.

The government was suspicious of him and ordered him arrested. He was betrayed by one of the friends at the boarding house. The military killed him, but he later rose from the dead and issued a final warning, saying he would be departing but would be heard from again at the end time when the earth was finally doomed to destruction after being so judged. Then he departed by ascending upward toward heaven. Patricia Neal played the Mary Magdalene role. Prof. Barnhardt was one of the wise men of the earth.

Fred wrote..."Hey, did you know that ?The Day the Earth Stood Still? is a parable about Jesus?"

"Rich religious symbolism, references and imagery are deeply embedded within the narrative, with some critics arguing that Luke represents a modern-day, messianic Christ figure who ministers to a group of disciples and refuses to give up under oppression. The film's theme - of an outsider-protagonist who transforms the occupants of a Southern chain gang institution and tragically sacrifices himself at the end."

Cool Hand Luke (1967)

Filmsite....

Now if only Joseph Wiseman had been in the cast ... but NO

Was it a sign of things to come that Gort was played by Lock Martin, born J. Lockard Martin, and eventually two defense companies would merge to form Lockheed-Martin?

Do do do do ...

Yes, mathematicians do that a lot. Usually, there is no one around to hear though.

>Do do do do ...

In text form I think it would be better as:

do de do do, do de do do

Here is another eerie link to the military. "Gort" spelled backwards is "Trog," which was a bomb.

If that's Morse Code, I want to see Eleanor Powell tap it out.

*Here is another eerie link to the military. "Gort" spelled backwards is "Trog," which was a bomb.*

OMG, it's another Joan Crawford thread in May. hmmm...wonder if TCM ever shows *Seven Days in May*