Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
lococardinal

Asian themed movie promo

I recently saw a promo on TCM for an upcoming series of movies depicting Asian themed Hollywood movies. The promo stated that this series will do something like expose the stereotypes. I'm wondering how this will happen. Will there be guest speakers who will delve further into the racial stereotype issues? This could be quite interesting. Especially considering that many of the same Asian stereotypes still exist in movies and television today, and are generally brushed under the rug.

you can find the whole overview here:http://www.tcm.com/2008/aif/index.jsp

On TCM's Homepage.

vallo

> you can find the whole overview here: http://www.tcm.com/2008/aif/index.jsp

Do they have a version of that site that's not Flash-based?

Stupid Flash-only sites take away a lot of control from the user: I can't zoom the size of the text, or right-click on links to open them in a background tab, for example.

While it's interesting to see the "yellow face" actors; Warner Oland, Sidney Toler, Boris Karloff, Lon Chaney, Myrna Loy, etc., it's great to see actors like Key Luke and Benson Fong. It's also interesting how many movies with Asian actors that Mantan Moreland was in. Not just the Charlie Chan movies.