Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The first musical I ever saw was Show Boat. My parents took me to see it at our outdoor under-the-stars musical theater Starlight Theatre in my hometown of Kansas City, Missouri. It was a live production and I absolutely fell in love with it and with musicals!! Many years later, Lamar Hunt, owner of the Kansas Chiefs football team, purchased the actual MGM Cotton Blossom and brought it to Kansas City as a permanent attraction for our theme park Worlds of Fun. What a thrilling moment that was for Kansas Citians!! It opened on May 26, 1973 and we enjoyed it for many years until, sadly, it fell into disrepair from structure rot, since it was only intended to be a movie prop and not constructed to be an enduring structure. It was removed in 1995 but so many of us remember that amazing piece of Hollywood memorabilia that we were privileged to see in person and enjoy for so many years.

Cotton blossom KC 1973.jpg

cotton blossom KC worlds of fun 1973.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2