Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

help find this movie!

lizzyloudaley

I am looking to identify a movie that I saw on TV about 30 years ago and have never seen or heard of since. I think it was in color, and I think it was made in the fifties, maybe earlier. It starred two actors LIKE (in terms of TYPE) Joan Crawford and Herbert Marshall, but I have not found it in their filmographies. She was an unmarried high-powered businesswoman of some type (magazine editor?), and he was also a successful high-powered business man, perhaps from the midwest. They meet in NYC or some other big city, and fall in love and plan to be married. However, at some point, it turns out HE wants to marry her because she is so powerful and commanding, and he is sick of having to be like that, and SHE wants to marry him for the exact same reason. So, they call it off, and it is very sad. I KNOW I saw this in my youth, and would love to see it again, if you can help me find it. Thanks.