Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Looking for a aircraft carrier related title

Looking for a WW2 carrier related title. Don't recall the film title or who was in it or if the target carrier was a real US Navy carrier or a mythical one.. The story line sees the skipper of some VF squadron in line for command of a new carrier. He is injured in some combat and loses a leg. He is still determined to get his carrier command and we see him after getting his prosthetic climbing all over the potential vessel as it is being built. Don't recall how long it was supposed to take this officer to learn to walk unassisted with the prosthetic; took me nine weeks after the surgery which I am told is remarkable especially at my age. The Navy sees things his way and he gets his command. Put you in mind of Bud Roberts on JAG when he made O4? Nine years from O1 to O4; remarkable rise. One of the VF squadrons aboard the new carrier adopts a cartoon pirate with a peg-leg as the squadron logo with the skipper's approval. I can see this skipper in my mind's eye but I can't apply a name to him. After the war ends, he starts some sort of command to help other Navy amputees to get their lives together.

-jl