Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

John Philip Law Passed Away

Oh yes, I remember him. He was gorgeous as the Angel in that goofy film. He was also a love interest in The Russians are Coming, The Russians are Coming.

How sad. Do you know what he died of? He wasn't that old.

John Phillip Law also appeared with Burt Reynolds as a U.S. Army officer in *THE CASSANDRA CROSSING*. Still best known for playing a Russian navigation non-com on the mythical Russian submarine in *THE RUSSIANS ARE COMING, THE RUSSIANS ARE COMING*. Couldn't put down the Russian name of the boat here since the Cyrillic alphabet characters won't work on this board but the boat's name is pronounced as "sproot". That movie title is very familliar to me since it was shot entirely on location in the area of Mendocino and Fort Bragg in California; I am quite familliar with the area. The submarine was actually built in the Fort Bragg harbor and was powered by two outboard motors mounted inside the frame. I saw it moored up the Noyo River from the harbor on a Fort Bragg visit but I didn't have a camera with me at the time.

-JL

• 10 months later...