Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

still searching for movie title...

I'm still searching for the name of a movie I saw about 5 years ago on TCM. It's about a girl who is raised the daughter of a rich plantation owner, who later finds out she is really half black and is forced into slavery. I really don't think it's Band Of Angels. I can remember that her name was something to do with "Red" and it was in color. Any suggestions??

I think it seems that "Band of Angels" is the movie that best fits that description...do you at least remember if it's a movie released in the 1940's or 1950's'??

Another movie about "white slavery" that comes to my mind is "Rachel & the Stranger", starring Loretta Young, William Holden and Robert Mitchum....in which Loretta Young plays an indentured servant who's sold to Holden, in order to pay off her father's debts....Holden marries her "for convenience", ...he's a widower a needs "a mummy" for his young kid....

• 6 months later...

I remember a film that fits, I think, but I don't remember the title either.

Clark Gable played the male lead, who purchased the young woman and installed her as his mistress in his New Orleans home. She was engaged to be married to a Northener prior to this. She was refered to by the other slaves as being 'high yellow', which is an actual historical reference to someone who could pass-or come real close to passing-as white.

Hope this helps.

Leigh