Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Joe McDoakes

skeletonsdance

I have only seen a couple of the Joe McDoakes shorts a few years ago, and I really enjoyed them. Just a thought, but it would be really neat if they could put them all on a DVD. I know, chances are small, but it's too bad they can't release a small number that maybe would only be available through TCM or something like that.

• 1 year later...

Hello!

I have seen several of the Joe McDoakes and also love to get a copy. One of his first was" So You Want to Quit Smoking" this is done the hayday of smoking of the 1940's and is a total riot and dead on! I would love to see it again and or get a copy to use to teach a course on how to quit smoking... I teach a class and would show this as part of the class if I could... I have seen this on TCM but it was while I was living in the Middle east back in like 1996 or 97. I have been trying to get a copy since... but nada... and TCM seems to deny they aired it... (I only had 2 stations.... it was TCM) If any one has an idea where I can get a copy, please let me know

Thanks

Ed Jorgensen jorgens6@prodigy.net

• 4 months later...

I wish TCM would release a collection of the Joe McDoakes and Pete Specialties, the ones which showcased the slapstick talents of a certain blond haired stuntman who would have been right at home playing one of the suited goons from a Shemp Howard Three Stooges short getting bested by The Boys in one of their typical slapstick fights!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...