Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
skeletonsdance

Joe McDoakes

I have only seen a couple of the Joe McDoakes shorts a few years ago, and I really enjoyed them. Just a thought, but it would be really neat if they could put them all on a DVD. I know, chances are small, but it's too bad they can't release a small number that maybe would only be available through TCM or something like that.

I've seen some of the shorts. My favorite is (something like) SO YOU WANT TO BE A DETECTIVE? Very funny. Years later the Joe McDoakes actor (George O'Hanlon???) supplied the voice for George Jetson on the animated TV series THE JETSONS.

Hello!

I have seen several of the Joe McDoakes and also love to get a copy. One of his first was" So You Want to Quit Smoking" this is done the hayday of smoking of the 1940's and is a total riot and dead on! I would love to see it again and or get a copy to use to teach a course on how to quit smoking... I teach a class and would show this as part of the class if I could... I have seen this on TCM but it was while I was living in the Middle east back in like 1996 or 97. I have been trying to get a copy since... but nada... and TCM seems to deny they aired it... (I only had 2 stations.... it was TCM) If any one has an idea where I can get a copy, please let me know

Thanks

Ed Jorgensen jorgens6@prodigy.net

I wish TCM would release a collection of the Joe McDoakes and Pete Specialties, the ones which showcased the slapstick talents of a certain blond haired stuntman who would have been right at home playing one of the suited goons from a Shemp Howard Three Stooges short getting bested by The Boys in one of their typical slapstick fights!

So You Want to Quit Smoking is showing tomorrow (April 14) morning and again on April 27! Warm up that VCR and throw out your ashtray. Enjoy!

Nothing like these gems is being produced today. Just goes to show that H'Wood has lost any concept of good taste.

I hope this is not a "duh" question, but where can upcoming program list of shorts, etc. be found?

Thanks