Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

To Our Head Master, Dr. Ament and Special Guests

Thank you for the time and effort it must have taken to amassed such a course.  I am very regretful that I never knew there was a Hitchcock course because I watched all of those films before and AGAIN and never got to participate.  But I learned something about myself when I took this course.  I like musicals.  I am even MAD about some of them.  But I also am very benign on many from the 20-30s and even '40s until we got to Sinatra and Kelly.  And while I enjoy and respect so many others it is the dancing that drew me in and then the singing second.  The plots were tertiary.  I want to say for sure that leaving out "The Music That Makes Me Dance" out of the movie version of "Funny Girl" is as sad as the fact that when I listen to the Broadway soundtrack, THAT is the musical I grew up with (when my parents went to see it on Broadway) and I never could feel as excited about the movie version - it became too washed out.  It just lost all its beautiful earthiness.  And I learned that you CAN lose interest in a "star" when you see where they go in life and ruin your ideal vision of who you thought they were but their lives went a little weird or the roles they chose or were offered....In ANY case - you learn if you let your mind relent to opening up and seeing, hearing, reading the ideas of those around you. 

Again - I digress - but THANK YOU!

• Sad 1